Technician I - 478
Company: Buckeye Partners L.P.
Location: New Haven
Posted on: February 6, 2024
DescriptionBuckeye is the premier infrastructure and logistics
provider for the world's energy needs, both today and tomorrow.
Since 1886, we have successfully navigated transitions in the way
energy has been distributed to continually meet the needs of an
evolving market and industry environment. Our people are a critical
element to the success and longevity of our operational history and
our future as we seek to thrive through the energy transition.
We own and operate a diversified global network of integrated
assets providing midstream logistic solutions, primarily consisting
of the transportation, storage, processing, and marketing of liquid
petroleum products. We are committed to safely and responsibly
providing world-class service to meet the continually evolving
energy needs of our customers and the communities we serve. As part
of this commitment to our customers, we are continually
diversifying our platform and service offerings to enable less
carbon intensive energy solutions, and undertaking decarbonization
efforts on our operations.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Technician I with either
related work experience in industrial environments or graduate of
an electrical/mechanical technical school program.
The Technician I role is responsible for maintaining,
troubleshooting and repairing equipment and pipeline and terminal
facilities. The Technician I role performs basic routine operations
and maintenance on equipment at pump stations (tank farms), remote
booster stations, pipeline ROW, pipeline facilities, remote valve
sites, and delivery terminals. Depending on the Buckeye facility
need, the Technician I may perform operations and maintenance tasks
on electrical systems and equipment.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
* Maintenance Projects. Under general supervision performing
overall support for pipeline and terminal facilities equipment and
systems in the assigned area including but not limited to the
maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation and removal of
all electrical, mechanical, communication, control, and measurement
* Compliance. Performing and recording regulatory and Company
policy preventative maintenance inspections and procedures as
identified in the Maintenance and/or Regulatory Manuals and in JDE
* Continuous Education. Maintaining a high level of knowledge
relating to new and current technology and equipment.
* Management. Procuring and managing the efforts of outside
contractors as required.
* Policy Implementation. Implementing company policies, standards,
drawings, diagrams and construction specifications for the
installation of new facilities and the repair or upgrade of
* Product Training. Training Operations personnel and others in the
use of new or modified equipment or software.
* Documentation. Maintaining equipment records and furnishing
documentation per Company policy of work performed.
* Overall Technical Level of 1-19 on the Technician Career
* And other duties as assigned.
* Two-year associate's degree in a technical field (electrical,
electronic, or mechanical) OR the equivalent combination of
education/work experience is required.
* Experience in pipeline, terminal or plant operations and
maintenance is a plus.
* Experience installing or troubleshooting PLC's (B&R, Siemens,
Allen Bradley) and truck/rail load rack presets (Accuload,
Multiload) is a plus.
* Experience in Measurement of Liquids or Gas is preferred.
* Basic Universal skills including basic understanding of Codes,
Regulations, Company. Recommended Practices and Procedures as
required by the skill.
* Exhibits basic familiarity with commercial and manufacture
software programs as required by the skill.
* Must be supervised by more experienced Technicians, Engineers, or
Supervisors when performing skill.
* Approximately 25% Travel required.
Certificates & Licenses:
* Valid driver's license
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* Must have the ability to navigate basic computer systems (i.e.
* Basic knowledge of SCADA applications and MS Office applications
is a plus.
* In order to be successful in this position, the individual must
possess good communication (both oral and written) and
* The individual must have good analytical skills and good
* This position requires incumbent to be able to function and
participate within an asset team , and have a willingness to expand
his role within the BPL "High performance Team Culture"
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel
Physical & Safety Requirements:
* The individual must be capable of performing the physical labor
required to complete the responsibilities of this position
(including capability to use related tools and work equipment).
* This role is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
* This position requires the employee to occasionally access and
work at or around heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical
parts, moving on-track rail equipment, petroleum product or other
chemical fumes, vibration, uneven terrain, and high noise level in
the work environment.
* The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for
* This position may require exposure to hazardous environments and
require the wearing of a respirator.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the
office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
* The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing
(FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl.
* The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate
Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong
organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently
and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when
dealing with internal and external customers, and when handling
sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye wants to create and reward an organizational focus that
stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its
employees that result in innovative way. To be successful in the
Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated
commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory of
reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or
People First Culture:
From managing over 5,000 miles of pipeline to commercializing clean
energy projects, our people collaborate to provide world-class
service and meet the changing energy needs of our customers. Our
employee-first culture means that we invest in our employees and
equip them to be fully contributing members of high performing
teams. We are focused on collaboration, inclusion, empowerment,
accountability, and professional development. We want the best in
you to bring out the best in us.
Join us as we work together to build a business that is responsive
to the needs of the future while continuing to serve the energy
needs of communities today.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Buckeye Partners L.P., New Haven , Technician I - 478, Professions , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!