Company: The Timken Company
Location: New Haven
Posted on: September 18, 2023
What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the
world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy
alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own
unique story and help drive what's next. A career at Timken means
you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the
world improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and
preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New
employees can start contributing right away, and there are many
opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our
global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our
customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of
motion. Schulz Electric, a Timken Motor & Crane Company, has a
current opening for a Project Manager based out of East Haven, CT.
The purpose of this position is to manage projects/ jobs between
customers and the plant to identify, analyze, and mitigate all
project risk to assure successful completion of company projects
and contracts. In addition, this position will handle technical and
management reporting requirements for customer projects to include
design, data and report submission, and schedule development and
maintenance. This role will develop, lead and communicate project/
job status and requirements on a regular basis both internally and
with customers as required. The Project Manager will work with a
cross functional team to develop the work scope, timing,
deliverables, and identify risks as they become evident. Essential
- Plans, organizes, controls and directs company projects to
ensure successful accomplishment of technical design, financial
goals, and production and delivery objectives.
- Provides a single point of contact on project or program
activities for both the customer and Schulz Electric, as well as
coordinating project planning to ensure the identification of
appropriate schedules, design efforts, costs, and other
- Coordinates project details with a wide variety of individuals
and functions leading to successful execution and conclusion.
- Reviews potential changes in scope and advises management and/
or the customer of the impact.
- Negotiates cost and schedule modifications, as well as develops
and write project plans, and assists and/ or coordinates the
preparation of cost and technical proposals in response to company
- Coordinates and conducts production and project activities and
meetings, schedules internal meetings and customer presentations as
required, and prepares and manages project budgets and
- Limited travel to customer locations as required to attend
project meetings and provide general project updates.
- Ensure 100% on time, on specification and on budget, standard
operating procedures and strategy objectives are met.
- Additional tasks as required. Key Attributes:
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Fundamental electric motor knowledge
- Fundamental knowledge of workplace safety,
- Skilled in all basic MS Office products and working knowledge
of ERP systems (preferably Epicor)
- Cognitive ability and inclination to solve problems and will
recommend specific/ innovative changes to effect improved
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, sales and
management Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field from an
accredited college or university required
- Applicant must have 7 years of project management experience,
12 years preferred
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are requiredAll
qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their
individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other
employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender
or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military
status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, New Haven , Project Manager, Professions , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!