Company: Cape Resorts Group
Location: Sag Harbor
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Position: Maintenance Engineer
Reports To: General Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Overview: Perform general repairs in and around the hotel
These duties may be described as, but not limited to:
- Perform general repair and maintenance of all equipment found
in and around the hotel. Specific work areas will be assigned as
needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience.
Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks and all other work
activity is required by logging such activity into the computer
maintenance software that is being used at that time. Ensure that
all safety systems are operable.
- Respond to guestroom calls as required.
- Assist other departmental craft workers as required.
- Perform all duties required as Fire Alarm Response Team.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,
employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all
scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must read, write, and understand the primary language used in
- Must have all around skills and be able to make minor
electrical, plumbing, a/c, painting, wallpaper, and carpentry
- Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled by hotel environmental systems, however, must be
able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 -F) and
kitchens (+110 -F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must work on or around roof areas
- Must be able to utilize and work on or from a ladder as well as
supervise for proper ladder safety.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4
hours in length and be able to reach other locations of the hotel
on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular and continuing
basis, frequently lift 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100
- Worker must be able to read and comprehend Safety Data
- The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of
physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places,
exposure to high heat, safely work around and or handle chemicals,
atmospheric conditions-one or more of the following conditions that
affect the respiratory system or skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists,
gases, oils or other cutting fluids, or poor ventilation.
- Worker must adhere to proper PPE protocols.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
equipment. Minimum Qualifications:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must have a minimum of three years hands-on experience working
on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs plus,
- Must have the ability to obtain and/or maintain any government
required licenses, certificates, or permits.
- Must have or ability to obtain an OSHA 10-hour
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed
appearance per company standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all
job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to
perform from time to time.
Keywords: Cape Resorts Group, New Haven , Maintenance Engineer, Professions , Sag Harbor, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...