Transportation & Parking Manager
Company: International Festival of Arts & Ideas
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $22 hourlyTemporary Position Primary Job
- Organize and execute the transportation needs of all festival
departments including ground transportation of artists & guests,
freight transport, equipment dispersal and retrieval, hospitality
supply transport, box office transport, and similar needs.
- Identify and Schedule the ground transportation needs of
Festival artists and guests, as well as of Artist Services,
Production, Operations, and Box Office using both Festival fleet
and contracted transportation providers.
- Arrange for and manage the procurement and pick-up/return of
Festival rental vehicles as necessary.
- Hire and supervise driver and organize assignments.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, coordinate
Production and Operations parking system and needs including
reserved space around Green as well as designating Festival parking
in other locations, finding parking lots, etc.
- Assist with Patron and out of town staff parking systems as
- Arrange parking for Artist Vehicles with ASCs as needed/
- Provide general assistance to Production, Operations, and
Artist Services departments when not engaged in above.
- Establish and maintain good relations with an outside
transportation provider(s), ie: Connecticut Limo or Liberty
- Liaise with the company management teams and local
transportation provider and troubleshoot transportation issues as
- Work out contingency plans with Artist Services Coordinators in
the case of an anticipated late arrival of an artist.
- Be aware of and responsive to artists' and guests' needs.
- Reconcile final billing from local transportation
- Prepare a final, detailed report on all aspects of the above.
RelationshipsReports to the Company ManagerKey communications with
the Director of Artistic Planning & Operations, Production Manager,
Operations Manager, Artist Service Coordinators and Audience
Services ManagerSupervises: Artist Drivers Classification: Part
Time TemporaryCompensation $22 per hour International Festival of
Arts & Ideas is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group
of persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex,
transgender status, gender identity or expression, marital or
pregnancy status, national origin, ancestry, present or past
history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning
disability, military status, lawful source of income, sexual
orientation or physical disability, or any other class of persons
or categories protected by law. The Festival believes in centering
Black and Brown communities that are targeted and abused by unjust
systems of oppression. The Festival stands in solidarity with the
communities, artists, and speakers with whom it collaborates and
pledges that its support extends beyond the Festival's performance
dates. The Festival will do everything it can to help dismantle
systematic racism and raises its voice with those in the community
who are already engaged in this vital work. The Festival commits to
working alongside the community to create transformative change in
Keywords: International Festival of Arts & Ideas, New Haven , Transportation & Parking Manager, Professions , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!