Registered Pharmacy Technician - Evening Shift - Includes Weekend Hours
Company: Stony Brook University
Location: Stony Brook
Posted on: May 10, 2022
At Stony Brook Medicine, a Registered Pharmacy Technician is a
valuable member of our team who, under the direct personal
supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, assists in compounding,
preparing, labeling, and/or dispensing of drugs used to fill valid
prescriptions or medication orders or in compounding, preparing,
and labeling in anticipation of a valid prescription or medication
order for a patient to be served by the facility, where such tasks
require no professional judgement. The Registered Pharmacy
Technician may also assist the Pharmacist with medication
dispensing including transfering oral doses of medication from one
container to another, medication transport and delivery, and
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior communication and
organization skills while adhering to our high standard of
Duties of a Registered Pharmacy Technician may include but are not
limited to the following:
Under the direct personal supervision of a licensed Pharmacist:
* Batch-manufacture parenteral solutions using aseptic
* Prepare sterile products, both hazardous and non-hazardous, for
dispensing to patients of the facility
* Assist in compounding oral dosage forms for patients
Under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist:
* Deliver medication to patient care areas
* Restock the dispensing areas of the Pharmacy; restock automated
dispensing cabinets, including controlled drugs
* Receive drug shipments into inventory, maintain appropriate
levels of inventory in the work area and check for outdates
* Complete patient care unit inspections
* Repackage medications from bulk storage to individual unit-dose
* Assist in labeling of medication in preparation for
* Answer phone calls and route to the appropriate individual
* Assist at the dispensing window
* Process invoices; file inventory paperwork
Required Qualifications: Current valid NY State Registered Pharmacy
Technician license and registration. Current valid Pharmacy
Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Healthcareer
Association (NHA) Pharmacy Technician certification.
Preferred Qualifications: One more more years of hospital Pharmacy
Technician experience. Associate's degree or higher. Experience in
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with
the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or
for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will
occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on
the application that for full consideration, applications must be
received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks
of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the
position posted, additional applications will be considered for the
posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is
identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting
date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired
within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for
review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
* Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is
strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and
outdoor areas on the premises.
* All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and
shifts as necessary.
* This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection,
which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
* This function/position maybe designated as "essential." This
means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional
emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at
their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and
continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University
Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following
* Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and
obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee
* Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3)
* Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
* Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
* Provide a copy of any required New York State
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result
in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment
* The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and
the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status
and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the
University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a
copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we
Keywords: Stony Brook University, New Haven , Registered Pharmacy Technician - Evening Shift - Includes Weekend Hours, Professions , Stony Brook, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!