Patient Financial Analyst
Company: Catholic Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position SummaryUnder the direction of the Manger and Director
of RRC, the Analyst is responsible to develop metrics to track
overall performance and operations for the department against
established benchmarks. Additionally, the Analyst will conduct
through analysis and provide the Vice President of Revenue Cycle
and PFS System Director with recommendations for optimization,
performance improvement and achieving financial goals.
- Contributes to and consistently applies CHS Services' policies,
procedures, and benefits to all customers and/or employees without
- Employee conducts himself/herself in conformity with the HIPAA
Compliance Program and applicable institutional policies and
procedures for patient privacy. In addition, employee conducts
himself/herself in conformity with the CHS Security policies and
- Builds system and hospital-specific A/R portfolios by payer,
operational division and external vendors in multiple reporting RRC
- Creates payment, adjustment and write offs analysis for
specific payers, operational divisions and the system as a
- Leads monthly analysis of account receivables by hospital and
carrier plan including debits and credits. Summarizes and
communicates trends in reimbursement, contract variances payment
delays and staffing to leadership.
- Validates fee schedules against contracts; performs revenue
modeling for specific payers and outlines risks and gains to
- Works with Directors on recovery efforts tied to identified
variances and denials by insurance carrier for managed care
- Prepares external expense tracking, performance assessment and
analysis. Proposes cost savings measures and efficiencies based on
- Collects data and prepares analysis of proposed payer-based
settlements against open debits and credits.
- Conducts payment analysis in conjunction with Finance
department to assess collection performance year over year.
- Conducts analysis of revenue impact associated with changes in
payment models or other initiatives.
- Prepares monthly analysis of hospital revenue cycle
- Works with Revenue Cycle and Managed Care team to identify and
resolve issues related to timely payment.
- Updates issue lists and reports.
Position Requirements And Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required. Master degree preferred.
- Proficient in designing, building reports and analyses in
various Microsoft based data analysis tools. Proven experience
working with large and complex SQL databases preferred.
- Ability to analyze and accurately summarize complex claims data
and effectively communicate conclusions
- At least three years' experience with analysis preferable in a
healthcare or managed care setting.
- Experience with hospital billing and or decision support
systems a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the managed care environment including
provider, payer, and employer.
Keywords: Catholic Health, New Haven , Patient Financial Analyst, Professions , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!