Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Good Shepherd Hospice
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Business Intelligence Analyst Facility: CHS Services Inc
Location: Melville, NY Department: IT Technology & Integration
Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8am - 4pm
ReqNum: 6034819 At Catholic Health, we are more than 18,000
professionals inspired by innovation, strengthened by compassion,
and driven to excellence. From working with a team of world-class
healthcare professionals to state-of-the-art facilities, you'll
have everything you need to do something incredible--for yourself,
and for the community we serve. Join our team at Catholic Health
Services and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's
Top Workplace. The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for
the quality, structure and management of data and information
within the organization. This includes, for example, the movement
and cleansing of data moving in and out of the enterprise, the
appropriate structuring and enrichment of data in the transaction
and decision support environments, and the presentation of quality
data for use by data consumers. This position requires solid
knowledge/development experience in SAP Business Objects BI
Solutions (Web Intelligence, Explorer, Xcelsius, Universes, Design
Studio, Crystal Reports). The BI Analyst must have proficiency
working with data warehouse environments. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities
for improved data management and delivery.
- Determine validity of business requests and assist in
- Ongoing development and operations of an operational data store
and enterprise data warehouse. Improving and streamlining
processes, regarding data flow and data quality to improve data
accuracy, viability and value.
- Ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence
architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc
analysis and insight generation.
- Lead the design and development of Executive dashboards and
analytical reports using the various reporting tools.
- Leverage Information Design Tool for maintaining and
establishing connections to data warehouse and Universes.
- Use of CMC to understand the relationships of the existing Webi
reports and related connections.
- Effectively monitor and react to requirements challenges and
- Cultivate strong business relationships with end-users and
other project stakeholders. Confers with clients and/or vendors to
identify report requirements and determine how the desired results
can be achieved
- Create design specifications for new reports, identify and
validate the appropriate technological solutions for various
- Analyzes existing reports and modifies as necessary.
- Provides Operations staff training and support documentation in
the form of job aides, written procedural documentation, and/or
onsite training as needed.
- If vendor certified, move software enhancements into test
and/or production environment. May coordinate with other IT teams
to perform software enhancement testing and obtain signoff. As
necessary, assists in software enhancement testing. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information,
Healthcare or other related field of study
- Healthcare experience preferred
- SAP BO 4.x, Webi, Lumira, Crystal Reports, BI Launch Pad, BO
Universe Design and creation, Data Services, Universe Design tool,
Design Studio, Query Browser, SAP BW, BICS, Bex, and Webi, &
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in SAP BO & BW
- Strong SQL writing. Able to write Stored procedures and SQL
- Must have developed dashboards that have drill-down
capabilities in Webi Reports.
- Must have played the functional role in gathering requirements
and working with business users.
- Proven experience and ability to lead medium to large size
projects, manage stakeholder expectations and deliver results
in-line with established goals, objectives, budget and timeline.
Experienced in designing BI reports and dashboards using SAP, BOBJ
suite of tools
- Experience gathering/analyzing requirements and translating
them into detailed functional specifications.
- Experience planning, writing and executing test plans.
- Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure
- Epic Report Writer certification may be required and if
necessary, must be completed within 6 months of requested
- Possess MS Office tools proficiency in the following: Project,
Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Solid creative thinking, learning agility, decision making,
problem solving, reasoning, and visualization skills and
- Interest in becoming a content expert in healthcare reporting
databases and warehouses.
- Communicate effectively with excellent verbal/written
- Collaborating with developers for customized development.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, often with competing
- Possess the ability to contribute to an environment that
motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team At Catholic
Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation
and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to
multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and
flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition
reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings
plan options for your future.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Hospice, New Haven , Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!