Animal Maintenance (Care)
Company: Central Garden & Pet
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Do you love pets and love working in a fast-paced environment?
Our growing company has opportunities to work with birds, hamsters,
rabbits and other small animals, and reptiles in our Fish Mart
location in West Haven, CT. Our team works together to supply our
customers with the nation's top pets. If you are dependable,
responsible, and committed to safety, this may be the job for you!
Location: Fish Mart in West Haven, CT Shift Details: Monday thru
Thursday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM-3:00 PM, Some weekends
(Hours and Days may vary) MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Match item numbers from picking tickets and picking labels to
correct corresponding item numbers.
- Handle small birds, hamsters, rabbits, and other small animals
properly, training will be provided.
- Feed, clean and care for small animals, exposure to pet
- Load trucks (as assigned)
- Unload trucks (as assigned)
- Pick Orders (as assigned)
- Ability to operate forklift throughout the facility
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of the
- Work assigned shift.
- Communicate between lines and assist others when necessary to
complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor. IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a
- Great Attendance
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Responsible, reliable, and dependable work habits a must.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule if necessary.
- Willing to accept assign tasks. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to walk and stand for up to 10 hours plus per
- Ability to step up onto a step about 18 inches in height.
- Carry multiple buckets weighing 6lbs each.
- Able to lift boxes up to 50lbs. BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym
memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and
CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our
employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy
homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North
America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China
and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets
live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our
mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries---one
blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at
to learn more. We are an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet, New Haven , Animal Maintenance (Care), Professions , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!