Intake and Admissions Representative - FT or PT, Saturdays Required
Company: Seafield Center Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
- Initial contact for potential clients and/or families, EAP's,
detoxes and other referral sources to facilitate admission to
appropriate Seafield facility.
- User role(s) information systems access as assigned, where
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with clients and referral sources for client
admissions. Referral sources include medical facilities, outpatient
facilities, Employers, Unions, EAP's and others.
- Answer calls regarding procedure for admissions. Talk to
clients and others calling on behalf of individuals seeking
treatment. Explain Seafield programs and record all information
required for the admission process.
- Set up appointments for assessments in all outpatient
- Gather and send insurance information for verification of
benefits to the individual doing verifications.
- Follow up to ensure that the insurance verification is complete
before the client is seen for their assessment. Call clients as
needed if they do not have coverage or resolve any problems.
- Prepare necessary documents for admission.
- Prepare insurance verifications as needed.
- Meet with clients to admit them using the EMR. Includes
completing PAS forms and authorizations to release
- Work closely with UR and Medical as needed.
- Work closely with Transportation as needed for transporting
clients to the facility from outpatient offices, homes and other
- Foster relationships with referral sources. Know the proper
protocols for Unions, EAP's, etc. Perform the required procedures
for each source.
- Coordinate bed availability for placement with outpatient
offices, referral sources and Provider Relations.
- Review all paperwork (Medical & Psychiatric) from hospitals and
determine if placement is appropriate.
- Work with Medical Director and Medical department as
- Maintain bed board and ensure that it matches the census.
- Scan documents as needed for client charts.
- Give tours of the facility.
- Take payments as needed.
- All fulltime reps will be required to work a minimum of two
weekend and/or evening shifts a month.
- All per-diem and part-time reps will be required to work a
minimum of one weekend and/or evening shift a month.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills in response to
requests for information for referral sources.
- Knowledge of online Medicaid system.
- Proficient in computer usage including EMR system, Microsoft
Outlook and other information systems.
- Knowledge of the job, department, customers, products/services
- Knowledge of all inpatient and outpatient protocols and
- Ability to make reasonable decisions.
- Knowledge of Insurance
- Requires knowledge of Medical Requirements and Mental Health
Guidelines for Placement.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize the workload and projects of self and others.
- Referral source information
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High school graduate with a minimum of two (2) years working
experience in public service area. Good basic telephone and typing
skills. Must be detail oriented and able to work independently.
Thorough knowledge of and experience with 12 Step Recovery
The physical demands described here are representative of those
functions that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- While performing this job, the employee is required to talk and
hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This is a largely sedentary role and involves sitting most of
the time. Walking and standing are required occasionally.
- The employee must have the ability to use a computer keyboard,
mouse, calculator, copier, fax machine, scanner and telephone.
Keywords: Seafield Center Inc., New Haven , Intake and Admissions Representative - FT or PT, Saturdays Required, Other , Westhampton, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...