Junior Technical Support Specialist
Company: NT-Ware USA, Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The fundamental purpose of our technology is to help our customers to run their businesses better - with less cost, with more security and with better productivity. We are a fast moving and agile technology company with a team of over 180 people in our four sales and support offices in Europe, USA, Singapore, and Japan. We are inventing new and better ways to help companies get maximum value from their printer and scanner fleet by helping them manage their printing costs, improve their office worker productivity through document process automation and increase their document security. We help print rooms to improve their efficiency by creating better print production workflow management technology. Our core product is available on-premises as well as provided as SaaS. You will be supporting both.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office three days per week and an option to work from home two days per week. Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
As a Junior Technical Support Specialist working in our Melville office (Work from home possible after the initiation boarding phase [1-3months]). You will be responsible for providing tier 3 application support for our partners and customers. Your day-to-day tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Triage customer reported issues and respond/resolve via ticketing system (Atlassian Service Desk), remote sessions, chat, or phone
- Identify the area of fault (code, environment, or configuration) and work with the appropriate team(s) implementing the fix
- Replicate customer configuration and possible issues in lab environment for troubleshooting
- Respond to user-reported issues in adherence to established Service Level Agreements
- Document actions to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Link between NT-ware 3rd level support team and NT-ware operations, development, project team and QA department
- Passion for problem solving, providing customer service and teamwork
- 95%+ Customer satisfaction after 3 months on the job
- Obtain internal (NT-ware specific) certifications within 2-3 months. Training will be provided as needed
- Resolve 90%+ of ticket on your own after first 6 months
- Master NT-ware product knowledge within 6 months non-technical and technical
Please note: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or 18+ months of Experience in the IT industry
- Good understanding of technical problems and their interrelation
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (workstations and servers)
- Basic/Intermediate understanding of Networking concepts
- Attention to details, fast learner and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and fast paced environment
- Be able to translate technical information in a simplified, easy to understand manner
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Self-managed and team oriented
- Deadline and detail oriented
Good to have
- MAC: printing, administration, configuration, troubleshooting
- Knowledge/certifications on cloud computing is plus
- Successful design of complex software/hardware technology solutions in the printing environment
- Knowledge of Canon's uniFLOW software product technologies
- Extensive networking and OS related knowledge
- SQL (language, DB servers)
- Flexibility for after-hours/weekend/on-call support (on occasions only)
- Technical Certifications
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
NT-ware USA, Inc. - Join an exciting opportunity with one of the world's most successful global brands. NT-ware, headquartered in Bad Iburg, Germany, provides a full range of soft- and hardware solutions, based on the latest technologies, to manage and control all printing and copying processes. Our organization not only delivers printer management functionalities like printer accounting, copy accounting, and secure printing, but also production printing features like print room management, job ticketing, web submission and production management. It is our goal to help our customers increase their productivity, reduce costs, and optimize their workflow. For our main product, uniFLOW Output Manager NT-ware has entered in a strategic partnership with Canon Inc. This position, based in Melville, NY is in support of the US client base. --- Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
Keywords: NT-Ware USA, Inc., New Haven , Junior Technical Support Specialist, Other , Melville, Connecticut
here to apply!