Respirator Fit Testing Tech
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: January 25, 2023
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs fit testing and all related functions system-wide,
including education regarding fit, use, maintenance and cleaning of
approved respirators. Ensure accuracy of fit testing records in
electronic medical record. Maintains liaison relationships with
OMWS, Employee Safety, Infection Prevention, Emergency Management
* 1. Perform Fit testing and training (baseline and annually).
* 2. Instruct employees in the respirators purpose and
* 3. Instruct employees in the inspection, cleaning, maintenance,
and storage of respirators provided.
* 4. Provide employees/managers with Respiratory Questionnaires.
Collect completed questionnaires.
* 5. Inspect and Assemble Fit Test and Training Respirators.
* 6. Perform daily QC checks of Fit Testing equipment
* 7. Maintain qualifications for conducting Fit Testing, may be
required to train less experienced staff personnel.
* 8. Enter fit testing data into SYSTOC.
* 9. Wash and elastomeric Dry Respirators that have been used in
Fit Test and Training
High School equivalent
2-3 years experience if respirator fit testing preferred.
Valid driver's license and ability to drive to all locations in all
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Must have demonstrated knowledge of applicable standards. Must have
a working knowledge of all types of commonly used respirators,
including N95, powered air-purifying respirators (PAPR), and
elastomeric masks. Must have demonstrated skill with the following
applications: Word, Excel, Experience with using Systoc or a
similar EMR if highly desirable. Able to handle stressful
situations (such as dissatisfied employees) and be flexible.
Position requires prolonged standing and walking; use of site,
hearing and touch; and the ability to transport/carry portable fit
testing equipment, respirators, etc. Must be able to lift to a
minimum of 40 lbs.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, New Haven , Respirator Fit Testing Tech, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!