Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: Stony Brook Medicine
Location: Stony Brook
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached
High School Diploma or GED (foreign equivalent or higher). Two (2)
years of full-time, progressively responsible clerical experience
or one (1) year of Accounts Payable experience. Microsoft Office
(Word and Excel).
Preferred Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Associate's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Three (3) years
of progressively responsible experience in Accounts Payable or a
Business, or Finance-related field. Experience with reviewing
contract terms and conditions. Experience working with a
procurement software system.
Brief Description of Duties:
The primary responsibility of the Clerk II will be to execute all
aspects of the State payment process. Focus will be on management
of the vendor file, vouchering for payments and following up on
discrepancies with the issuance payment checks.
- Vendor Commodity & Service Processing:
- Review and process vendor commodity/service invoices for
payments utilizing a procurement software system (i.e Wolfmart).
This task requires assisting with reviewing and auditing of
purchase orders (PO's), contracts, agreements, invoices and
receiving documentation. Particular attention must be paid to
ensure vendor invoice pricing is in accordance with prices/rates
provided on purchase orders, quotations and/or contract price
- Monitor invoices, payment documents, and respective work
files/folders to ensure timely and accurate payment
- Compile, run, and analyze reports as required for vendor,
voucher, or any other pertinent information.
- Voucher Management:
- Self-assign daily import vouchers and electronic invoice
vouchers based on vendor assignment.
- Monitor process folders to ensure vouchers are properly
- Obtain campus department approvals as required.
- Resolve order, invoice, and any other issues related to the
- Address and resolve invoice export and/or business errors.
- Scanning of Vendor Invoices:
- Utilize Kofax system to scan vendor invoices received each day;
scanned data must be validated to ensure the PO and invoice
information was correctly captured.
- Purchase Order & Vendor Invoice Trouble-shooting & Help:
- Utilize both written and verbal communication skills to respond
to inquiries from vendors, staff, and campus departments relating
to purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Communicate with campus departments verbally, via email and/or
with comments in Wolfmart on issues including non-received
payments, lost checks, and checks returned to Treasury, etc.
- Monitor emails for responses to Wolfmart comments.
- RF Vendor File Maintenance:
- Utilize Statewide Financial system (SFS) to research vendor
files, payment vouchers, and voucher payment check status.
- Provide Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) website portal
information to vendors for them to view, update, and maintain their
vendor file and to retrieve voucher payment information.
- Follow up on vendor address update requests and analyze the
accuracy or validity of changes made in the SFS system.
- Obtain and submit SFS documentation required to update vendor
- Year-End Lapsing Funds Processes:
- Assist in the year-end lapsing fund process by reviewing and
updating appropriate year-end lapsing reports.
- Ensure all held invoices have been addressed and vouchered for
- Additional Duties & Responsibilities as Assigned:
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational
corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation
policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of
funding. This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Non Exempt position,
eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and
the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status
and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the
university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a
copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we
Keywords: Stony Brook Medicine, New Haven , Accounts Payable Clerk, Other , Stony Brook, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!