Third Grade Assistant Teacher/Extended Day Teacher
Company: St. Thomas's Day School
Location: New Haven
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Job Title: Third Grade Assistant Teacher/ Extended Day
*Employment Status: Full Time *
*School Year: 2022-2023*
St. Thomas's is a coeducational independent day school serving
students from Kindergarten through Grade 6. The School welcomes
children of all backgrounds, with the belief that children who
learn and grow together develop openness and respect for
The Third Grade Assistant Teacher/ Extended Day Teacher will work
collaboratively with the Head Teacher and the Assistant Head of
School to implement the School's instructional program in
accordance with the School's mission, goals, objectives, and
philosophy of learning.
* Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education
* Experience working in an elementary school setting
* Strong personal and interpersonal skills
* Create an atmosphere of belonging so that every member of the
community feels accepted, appreciated, and valued.
* Work with the head teacher to design an inviting, safe, and
supportive learning environment for all students.
* Differentiate instruction by conducting individual and small
group lessons as directed by the head teacher.
* Implement positive classroom management techniques that model
appropriate communication skills and conflict resolution
* Build a positive rapport with students that demonstrates respect,
appreciation, and acceptance of all individuals.
* Plan and assist with instruction as needed, including preparing
and correcting classwork and homework.
* Supervise the class during transitions, snack, recess, and
* Support the specials teachers and programs (science, library,
technology, music, drama, Spanish, physical education, religious
studies, art) by modeling appropriate participation.
*Characteristics of Professional Excellence*
* Strive to live the school mission in word and deed.
* Enthusiastically engage in service to the school and its
* Model life-long learning.
* Foster an open and inclusive learning environment.
To be considered for the above-mentioned position, please send a
cover letter, resume, and three references. Please generate all
documents in MS Word or a converted PDF file. Applications will be
reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open
St. Thomas's Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* New Haven, CT 06511: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: St. Thomas's Day School, New Haven , Third Grade Assistant Teacher/Extended Day Teacher, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!