Company: Design by the Jonathans
Location: New Haven
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Design by the Jonathans is an award-winning interior design firm
in the New Haven, CT area seeking a skilled, energetic and
personable Associate Interior Designer to handle interior design
and decoration projects. Best candidates will have interior design
and decoration experience, excellent organizational and
record-keeping skills, and superlative phone, email, and in-person
communication skills. Some sales experience is a plus. Strong
computer and mobile device skills are required. Skill in 3D CAD
software is required. Must have your own reliable
- Conducting initial design consultation meetings one-on-one to
discuss their projects in terms of their wants and needs, and
taking notes on their directives.
- Discussion of project budget in a sensitive manner.
- Following up with clients via email to summarize design
consultation meetings from notes and establishing a pathway forward
for their design projects.
- Development of digital and physical design boards and
presentations for client review.
- Meeting with contractors as needed to discuss project
parameters and review project plans and renderings.
- Conducting shopping trips with or without clients to
- Coordination of vendor quotes and presentation of quotes to
- Conducting site visits while projects are under way to assist
with decision-making, to review progress, and to provide quality
- Communication with clients throughout the design, purchasing,
and implementation processes.
- Attending a weekly staff meeting.Requirements:
- Documented experience with residential interior design
- Ability to see a project through from start to finish.
- Minimum 3 years of design experience.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Ability to create accurate dimensioned and annotated hand
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize
- Superlative phone, email, and in-person communication skills,
including a kind and empathetic demeanor, and excellent spelling
- Experienced with iPad.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Google Calendar.
- Houzz Pro experience is a plus.
- Chief Architect, Revit, or alternate 3D design software
experience is required.
- Outgoing personality, kindness, and empathy.
- Reliable transportationDesign by the Jonathans, LLC is an
award-winning Interior Design firm that provides high quality and
innovative Interior Design services to a broad range of clientele.
We specialize in residential and commercial design of all types,
including kitchen design, bathroom design, living space design,
office and restaurant design, and specialty design such as
Universal Design and Aging in Place.Job Types: Full-time base +
commission, Part-time base + commissionSchedule:
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:All employees must be
- Associate (Required)Experience:
- Chief Architect or 3D CAD: 1 year (Required)
- Interior Design and Decoration: 3 years (Required)
Keywords: Design by the Jonathans, New Haven , Interior Designer, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!