Company: SERRATO CORPORATION
Location: New Haven
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPositionBuyerReports ToFinance & Administration
DirectorDepartmentPurchasing FLSA STATUSExempt- Full TimePrimary
Position ObjectivesResponsible for planning and supervising
procurement actions for all supplies, services, and vendor
contracts requested in support of center-wide operations in
compliance with government regulations, corporate policies, and
Center procedures. Directly supervises the Assistant Buyer. Brief
Description of Duties
- Coordinates Center purchasing through planning and budget
- Justifies selection of services through competitive pricing
guidelines in conjunction with the Federal Acquisition Regulations
(FAR) and Serrato Corporation procurement policies and
- Verifies terminology and specifications of purchase
- Creates statement of work for construction, services and
supplies to include the bidding package.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates, and awards
contract to supplier with best bid.
- Uses computer system to maintain purchase orders, research
possible vendors, and other purchasing related actions.
- Ensures the proper preparation and maintenance of records and
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Works toward meeting performance management goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Evaluates personnel under his/her management and makes
recommendations regarding disciplinary actions, promotions, and/or
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Key CompetenciesPerformance
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with
coworkers to achieve goals. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong negotiation skills, analytical skills, and
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with vendors.ExperienceOne-year purchasing,
marketing, sales or related experience required. One-year
supervisory experience preferred.EducationAssociate's degree in
business, finance, marketing or related field; or equivalent
combination of education and training. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, RegistrationsValid State Driver's License.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers
to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able
to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and peripheral vision.Work EnvironmentThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level
can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: SERRATO CORPORATION, New Haven , Buyer, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!