Company: East End Disability Associates
Location: East Quogue
Posted on: August 7, 2022
**Preferred candidate will have experience with marketing and
design**Hours: Monday- Friday, Office Hours *Some flexibility
required Required Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent from
four year college or technical school preferred; or two years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Summary: Reports directly to the Office
Manager. As an Executive Assistant responsibilities include:
providing general administrative and clerical support including
mailing, scanning, answering phone calls, and coordinating
meetings. Candidate will have a friendly disposition, good
interpersonal skills, computer skills, and must be flexible.
Practical skills include strong verbal and written communication
skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and
present a professional manner representative of EEDA. The candidate
will be energetic, enthusiastic and happy to work in a fast paced
environment. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually very quiet. Qualifications: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Valid New York State Drivers License and reliable transportation
required.Reporting directly to the Office Manager, the successful
- Assist the Executive leadership team in the implementation of
key operational plans for the year, including developing materials
for board and staff presentations.
- Make travel arrangements as needed for the Executive leadership
team and other key personnel, including air, hotel and ground
- Schedule meetings, maintain and update the Executive leadership
teams calendars and draft correspondences. Directs preparation of
records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Executive
leadership team in areas such as strategic planning, statistical
reporting, and site visit preparation.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the organization
through the provision of administrative and organizational support
to Executive leadership team, the Advisory Board and its various
committees, and to the Administrative, Finance and Operations
- Work with development and fundraising personnel and volunteers
to organize and run events.
- Provide support for the Advisory Board, including coordinating
all meetings, taking minutes at Advisory Board and committee
meetings, preparing monthly Advisory Board packets and materials,
developing on-line presentations, and submitting necessary
documents to governing bodies.
- Attend and take minutes for Administrative Meetings.
- Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records as
designated by Executive Leadership
- Provide assistance and materials to other departments as
needed, direct telephone calls and electronic mail appropriately,
coordinate outgoing mail, order office supplies and coordinate
technical support for computers and office machines.
- Creation of signage as needed for special events, offices, and
programs. Creative design skills a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work
- Ability to reprioritize and switch tasks with multiple
- Creation and ordering of promotional items.
- Newsletter creation in conjunction with the Development
- Website updates as needed.
- Act as back up for and work cooperatively with the Receptionist
and Administrative Assistants.
- Ensure a welcoming and hospitable atmosphere for visitors and
- Ensure the office is stocked with supplies (paper, general
office supplies, break room items, etc.)
- Visting sites for various reasons (measurements, drop-offs,
cleaning projects if needed, etc.)
- Highly organized and focused with a great attention to
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to support EEDAs mission in all duties and assist
in all aspects of office function as needed.Supervisory
Responsibility: None Language Skills: Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, coworkers, and the general public.
Polished and professional interpersonal skills. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
distance. Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an
individual should have Proficiency in MS Office. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and utilize computers. The
employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must be
able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least bachelor's degree or higher
Keywords: East End Disability Associates, New Haven , Executive Assistant, Other , East Quogue, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!