Company: Little Flower Children
Location: Wading River
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Recreation Specialist is responsible to develop, plan, organize
and direct programs to meet the needs of the adolescent and teen
resident of a Residential Treatment Center. Recreation services
will include physical, creative, cognitive, arts & crafts, social,
community and virtual programs.
* Assist in planning and promoting recreational activities based on
the needs and interests of the residents.
* Encourage and promote appropriate social communication through
group recreation activities.
* Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities
such as arts, crafts, sports, games and hobbies.
* Organize, lead, and promote a variety of recreation activities at
a facility for special events by volunteers in the community.
* Develop, lead, and promote virtual recreational activities based
on the needs, and interests of the residents.
* Meet and collaborate with agency personnel, community
organizations, and other professional personnel to plan balanced
recreational programs for participants.
* Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedure to
participants in recreational activities, and demonstrate use of
material and equipment
* Promote neighborhood and community recreation events.
* Provide input into the design of monthly recreation services
* Assist in volunteer office as needed.
* Encourage participation and cultivate interest from the youth
* Encourage participants to develop their own activities and
leadership skills through group discussions.
* Manage participant behavior for the purpose of providing a safe
* Prepare a variety of written materials (e.g. attendance,
participation notes and records, etc.) for the purpose of
documenting participant progress and program progression.
* Manage the daily operation and cleanliness of the Recreation
* Assist in the maintenance, storage, and use of the recreation
* Evaluate recreational activities and services to determine if
they are producing desired results.
* Responsible for seasonal and holiday decorations of the
* Be dependable and meet acceptable attendance requirements at all
* Follow all applicable safety rules and regulations.
* Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Director of
Recreation & support Services.
* Bachelors Degree in Recreation or at least 5 years
experience/training in recreation field
* Valid NYS Drivers License
* Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
* Must be computer literate.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and
* Ability to work with a diverse youth population and must possess
sensitivity to individual needs.
* Excellent observation skills.
Keywords: Little Flower Children, New Haven , Recreation Specialist, Other , Wading River, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!