Coordinated Access Network Entry Coordinator
Company: United Way of America
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of
Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is
inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived
experience. As an organization, we are committed to addressing
systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships,
and our practices.
Who We Are Looking For?
Are you passionate about using your organizational talents as a
force for good in our community? Are you the type of person who
pays attention to details and can support a team to reach their
goals such as ending homelessness in greater New Haven?
United Way is seeking a CAN Entry Coordinator who is passionate and
organized to serve as the support that keeps CAN back-bone staff
and community partners operating at their highest potential to
ultimately end homelessness in our region. This person will provide
critical administrative and data management support to the Greater
New Haven Coordinated Entry system, to ensure that progress is
continually made towards meeting system goals. Salary is
$40,000-$42,000/year and includes benefits.
What You Will Do
* Support Coordinated Entry.
Coordinated Entry is the process of assessing and connecting
households experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness to
resources and supports. You will assist the CAN Entry Manager in
ensuring this process runs as efficiently as possible. This
includes but is not limited to filling emergency shelter beds in a
timely manner and covering assessment appointments whenever
* Provide support to monitor system performance and drive
If that statement gets you excited, keep reading. If not, this
position may not be for you. This person will provide technical
support to our Entry Manager. They will also monitor and maintain
accurate lists for households seeking emergency shelter. The right
candidate will be:
* Skilled in viewing and analyzing data to provide suggestions for
* Comfortable with being client facing and fielding phone calls
from clients who continue to need emergency shelter.
* Support collaborative activities for the CAN.
Coordination and collaboration are key ingredients to the success
of the CAN and reaching our goal of ending homelessness. As part of
the United Way team, the CAN Entry Coordinator will assist in
setting up committee meetings, and work with co-chairs to develop,
circulate and distribute meeting materials. This position will also
ensure transparency of the CAN by maintaining and updating CAN
policies and procedures and other CAN documents.
* You will work as part of a team.
You will work closely with every department at United Way. You will
collaborate with our marketing team to tell the story of United Way
to ensure that our community understands the work and impact of
ending homelessness in our community. You will also maintain good
working relationships with community, nonprofit and business
leaders in the community. And of course, there will be other duties
What You Need
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
* Strong communication skills, including basic business writing
skills and positive phone personality with active listening
* Ability to work independently, adjusting to changing
* Ability to work with groups and balance multiple points of
* Local and statewide travel is required; out of state travel as
* Experience working with various types of databases and content
management systems is preferred.
* Knowledge of CT HMIS is preferred.
* Ability to develop visual presentations of data/metrics is
* Knowledge of the challenges and barriers that homeless people
face is preferred.
* Ability to establish and maintain high quality relationships with
a variety of stakeholders.
* Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad
* Highly motivated and creative problem solver.
* Ability to relate to people of different economic and ethnic
* Ability to be diplomatic when working with staff from other
agencies and clients in crisis.
* Education: Bachelor's degree preferred with at least one year of
similar experience; equivalent life experience may be substituted
* Preference given to bi-lingual, Spanish speaking applicants.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations
together to create solutions to Greater New Haven's most pressing
challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial
Stability grounded in racial and social justice. We tackle issues
that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. We operate
according to these organizational values.
In accordance with organizational policies, this position requires
a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
United Way staff are currently working hybrid, with at least two
days per week in our office in New Haven.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply - Go to our website and click on the Careers Page to
upload your resume and cover letter:
Keywords: United Way of America, New Haven , Coordinated Access Network Entry Coordinator, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!