Underwriting Assistant II
Company: AmTrust North America
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview Provide administrative support to multiple Package
Property underwriters, including monitoring email correspondence,
and completing administrative tasks to expedite the underwriting
process for new and renewal business. Upholds the standards of the
AmTrust organization. Responsibilities
- Triage New Business Submissions for Underwriter review. -
Provide a description of the insured's operations and exposures by
reviewing Acord Applications, Statement of Values and putting it in
a short narrative form for the Underwriter.
- Communicate the Underwriting decision to the agent by declining
the risk with a specific underwriting reason or requesting
additional information to move forward.
- Update and maintain multiple Excel spreadsheets with accurate
- Run web based reports as requested or needed including but not
limited to HPD's, Corelogic, ISO 360's and Prometrix. -
- Review reports and Loss Control to see how they fit within
underwriting guidelines and be able to articulate this in written
- For Renewals update Underwriting Analysis with all renewal
information. - Pull updated reports (Loss Runs, NYC reports
- Provide Statement of Values on an Excel Spreadsheet and Loss
Control Recommendations spreadsheets.
- Review Loss Controls Reports by comparing them to the exposures
on the policy. Follow up for Loss Control Recommendations with the
agent and make the Underwriter aware of outstanding recommendations
and communicate potential hazards to the UW.
- Fulfill broker's requests for, loss runs, copies of policies,
copies of invoicing for example.
- Agency support of general questions regarding renewal status,
endorsement status, cancellation status, billing inquires,
commission questions, etc.)
- Keeps current with market trends and demands.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED as minimum education
- Proven research and analytical skills to identify, gather and
organize information to provide recommendations
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word,
- Ability to learn new software applications and proprietary
rating information Preferred: -
- An insurance background with a working knowledge of Property
and General Liability coverages. Rating background a plus.
- Being highly proficient with Excel including pivot tables and
incorporating multiple spreadsheets. This job description is
designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the
job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities,
duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position.
AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any
time.What We OfferAmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive
compensation package and excellent career advancement
opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life
Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care
Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time
Off.AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where
thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected.
This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences
with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation,
culture, religion or disabilities.AmTrust values excellence and
recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and
perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive
advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business
imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best
talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and
practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how
we operate and how we see our future.
Keywords: AmTrust North America, New Haven , Underwriting Assistant II, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!