Company: The Mary Wade Home Incorporated
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionMary Wade has an opportunity for a Laundry
Operator.Schedule: Part Time - 16 hours hours per week, 5am to
1pmHourly Rate: $14 per hourMary Wade is a highly rated,
non-profit, senior care facility in New Haven. Our mission is to
provide the highest quality care and to deliver those services with
deep compassion and empathy. Our culture is grounded in our values
and our core behaviors, creating a positive, warm, friendly
environment. Everyone is held accountable to these standards. Our
campus incudes a 94 bed nursing home which offers long term care
and short term rehabilitation, a 45 bed residential care home, an
adult day center and an 84 bed assisted living community. The
Laundry Operator reports to the Director of Environmental Services
as part of the Laundry Team and ensures the timely and proper
laundering of clothes and linens.. For 156 years we have been
serving the Greater New Haven senior community. We are a mission
focused non-profit, governed by a Board of Trustees. Visit
www.marywade.org to see our gorgeous campus and learn more about
our services and history.Assists Environmental Services for the
- Picks up soiled linen from Soiled Linen Room minimum three
times a day.
- Responsible for washing, drying, folding and ironing residents'
- Responsible for washing, drying, folding all bedding, linen and
- Maintains an accurate and organized method of clothes
collection and processing.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in ability to use label
equipment to label resident clothes.
- Cleans inside, outside of washers and dryers.
- Cleans lint filter minimum three times per shift and scours
laundry tubs once a week.
- Vacuums working area minimum once a week, or more often as
- Turns off and secures washers, dryers and irons prior to
leaving the area for any period of time.
- Periodically checks chemical supply.
- Responsible to fill-in Housekeeping Dept. as needed.
- Attends to any reasonable request from the Director of
- Work in a facility known for cleanliness, friendliness and
- Be on a team known for excellent care and high nursing
- Opportunity for career growth
- 403b Retirement Plan with company match up to 3%, immediately
- Flu Shot – company paid
- Weekly Payroll
- Paid breaks and meal breaks
- Generous Paid Time Off - 3 weeks accrued in first 12
- Beautiful garden for outdoor lunch and breaks
- Staff Lunchroom with affordable, healthy meal and snack
- Free parking on-site and near New Haven Bus Line
- Paid break and meal timeWhat you can expect at Mary Wade?
- Highly skilled leadership that coach you to grow your skills
- Fair-minded management that wants to see you succeed
- Excellent orientation, on-boarding and continuous skill
- Cutting edge Alzheimer's and Dementia Training
- Open door culture – speak to leadership anytime
- A clean, safe work environment - we are proud of our safety
- A reputation you can be proud to represent - we deliver the
highest quality medical services!Due to the volume of applications,
no phone calls please. Candidates will be contacted as
appropriate.EOE/AAJob Type - Part-Time
Keywords: The Mary Wade Home Incorporated, New Haven , Laundry Operator, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!