Senior Inspector NICET - III
Company: HARDESTY & HANOVER
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Senior Construction Inspector - NICET III Hardesty & Hanover is
offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Inspector in our
Construction Services Company. Multiple positions for Office on
Long Island and Queens New York.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans,
specifications and any special requirements.
- Working knowledge of mathematics with the ability to apply
mathematical formulas and engineering principles to field measure
quantities and calculate quantities of completed work to recommend
payment to the contractor for items of work
- Ability to maintain detailed journal entries and produce daily
work reports to record work performed, the manpower, materials and
equipment used, weather conditions, and record quantities of the
work performed.Operational knowledge of field inspection
equipmentAbility to establish a working relationship with the
contractor and subcontractor(s) to ensure the work is performed in
accordance with the contract documents (Plans & Specs)
- Bachelor Science Degree in Engineering or NICET III
- 5 years of experience with roadway or bridge reconstruction
- Highway: the reconstruction of drainage systems, pavement
reconstruction, asphalt milling and paving, utility
protection/relocations, pavement markings and related work.
- Bridge Reconstruction: Concrete & steel demolition, steel
erection, construction of reinforced concrete decks, retaining
walls and substructure units (piers & abutments), retaining walls,
approach roadway reconstruction and/or other aspects of bridge
- Experience with the inspection for the installation,
maintenance and removal of Work Zone Traffic Control systems (WZTC)
including temp. concrete barrier, barrels, comes, construction
- Must have a valid driver's license and a car which is needed
to-from and throughout the work zone.
- Certification by ACI for Concrete Testing, OSHA 10-hour
Construction Safety training. Additional consideration. Also
desirable are other relevant certifications and training, such as,
for WZTC, soil compaction, steel cleaning & painting, etc. At a
minimum the willingness to become certified at the earliest
convenience by ACI, OSHA, AMPP (formerly NACE & SSPC), etc.
Keywords: HARDESTY & HANOVER, New Haven , Senior Inspector NICET - III, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!