Company: Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Requisition ID: 26791
Position Type: Full-Time
Accountable for the planning, procurement and control of finished
goods, accessories, supplies and parts inventory requirements.
Utilizes appropriate tools and methods for reviewing forecast data
and historical data analysis to create MRP and purchasing
requirements. Manages efforts to achieve inventory target levels,
inventory optimization efforts and material flow to meet sales
goals and service level requirements. Support all process
improvement and change management initiatives.
- May require communications with procurement teams to regulate
inventory levels across national warehouses, expedite purchase
orders, follow up on shipment dates, measure supplier performance
and report ETA and ship dates from supplier to regional
- Planning all equipment, accessories, supplies and parts in
accordance with established lead times to multiple warehouses to
support the needs of the Business Unit (BU).
- Manage assets of the company to meet company objectives in
customer service and inventory management. Determine purchases to
be placed and issues purchase orders to vendors after gaining
appropriate approval levels when required.
- May require working with third party vendor on placing po to
match quote by sales. Make sure price, quantity, items on order all
match. Follow up with receiving POD for tracking signature of
customer once hits their dock
- Analyze sales history and prepare data for monthly forecast
meetings. Work with Marketing and Regional Product Support to
establish purchasing and support plans. Address material shortages,
excess and obsolete inventory, extended lead times, delivery
non-compliance, and targeted inventory levels and order
requirements to achieve operational goals.
- Monitor and evaluate overall vendor performance based on
forecast commitment and delivery performance.
- Participate in initiatives to reduce the overall cycle time in
the supply chain, improve fill rates and achieve optimal inventory
utilization. May require rep to manage wholesale transactions,
documents and related functions. Propose solutions to manager.
- Review and revise departmental documents and policy changes,
processes and reports for accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure overall department performance to maximize
support/satisfaction and meet inventory targets with maximum
efficiency. Implement corrective action and process improvement as
required. Communicate all issues as required.
- Analyze inventory transition with daily confirmation of inbound
and shipping status.
- Report and escalate critical customer requirements; Help to
reduce overall aging equipment within the country.
- Provide profit & loss analysis for used equipment/wholesale
sales for management to make financial business decisions.
- Review and approve new merchandise item codes creation in
Oracle and amend changes to existing merchandise codes.
- Review, track and manage disposal and scrap orders while
monitoring and minimizing slow moving and obsolescence.
- Work with Finance to help in aligning po to invoices.
- Work with warehouse to locate and receive missing items and
receive in software purchased per customer order.
- May require purchasing of Drop shipments per vendor per order
and monitor all the way through the process.
This position operates on a Hybrid work schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain, Materials or Operational
- 3-5 years total work experience with 2-3 years' experience in
procurement, supply chain and inventory control.
- Strong business experience with excellent analytical and
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain deadlines, high
organizational skills and resourceful managing complex
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet objectives.
- Computer proficiency including advanced Excel skills and
- MRP/ERP experience required.
- Proven understanding of procurement concepts in inventory
- Proven ability to implement processes and procedure
- Support process initiatives and continue improvement
- Proven decision-making skills effectively impacting the
department and company with maximum results. Make overall
recommendations for improvement. Obtain appropriate approval levels
- Experience in interacting with staff and supporting
- Must be skilled at relationship building, cost analysis, time
management and presentations to all levels of management.
- Strong use of MS Office/ Excel.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers
companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading
enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions,
supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With
unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon
Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture
efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of
comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document
management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A.,
Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and
has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company,
Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in
global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted
in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most
Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan,
discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing,
educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much
more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws,
regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be
required to follow as a federal government
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
Hybrid - This position is full time and offers a hybrid work
schedule requiring you to be in the office two company designated
days a week and an option to work from home the remainder of the
week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office
attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office
reporting requirements may change from time to time based on
#PM20 #LI-SH4 #LI-HYBRID
Keywords: Canon Solutions America, Inc., New Haven , Buyer/Planner, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!