Company: Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Accountable for the planning, procurement and control of
finished goods, accessories, supplies and parts inventory
requirements. Utilizes appropriate tools and methods for reviewing
forecast data and historical data analysis to create MRP and
purchasing requirements. Manages efforts to achieve inventory
target levels, inventory optimization efforts and material flow to
meet sales goals and service level requirements. Support all
process improvement and change management initiatives.
Responsibilities -May require communications with procurement teams
to regulate inventory levels across national warehouses, expedite
purchase orders, follow up on shipment dates, measure supplier
performance and report ETA and ship dates from supplier to regional
- Planning all equipment, accessories, supplies and parts in
accordance with established lead times to multiple warehouses to
support the needs of the Business Unit (BU).
- Manage assets of the company to meet company objectives in
customer service and inventory management. Determine purchases to
be placed and issues purchase orders to vendors after gaining
appropriate approval levels when required.
- May require working with third party vendor on placing po to
match quote by sales. Make sure price, quantity, items on order all
match. Follow up with receiving POD for tracking signature of
customer once hits their dock
- Analyze sales history and prepare data for monthly forecast
meetings. Work with Marketing and Regional Product Support to
establish purchasing and support plans. Address material shortages,
excess and obsolete inventory, extended lead times, delivery
non-compliance, and targeted inventory levels and order
requirements to achieve operational goals.
- Monitor and evaluate overall vendor performance based on forecast
commitment and delivery performance.
- Participate in initiatives to reduce the overall cycle time in
the supply chain, improve fill rates and achieve optimal inventory
utilization. May require rep to manage wholesale transactions,
documents and related functions. Propose solutions to manager.
- Review and revise departmental documents and policy changes,
processes and reports for accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure overall department performance to maximize
support/satisfaction and meet inventory targets with maximum
efficiency. Implement corrective action and process improvement as
required. Communicate all issues as required.
- Analyze inventory transition with daily confirmation of inbound
and shipping status.
- Report and escalate critical customer requirements; Help to
reduce overall aging equipment within the country.
- Provide profit & loss analysis for used equipment/wholesale sales
for management to make financial business decisions.
- Review and approve new merchandise item codes creation in Oracle
and amend changes to existing merchandise codes.
- Review, track and manage disposal and scrap orders while
monitoring and minimizing slow moving and obsolescence.
- Work with Finance to help in aligning po to invoices.
- Work with warehouse to locate and receive missing items and
receive in software purchased per customer order.
- May require purchasing of Drop shipments per vendor per order and
monitor all the way through the process. This position operates on
a Hybrid work schedule. Qualifications - Bachelor's degree in a
relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years
of related experience.
- BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain, Materials or Operational
- 3-5 years total work experience with 2-3 years' experience in
procurement, supply chain and inventory control.
- Strong business experience with excellent analytical and
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain deadlines, high organizational
skills and resourceful managing complex situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet objectives.
- Computer proficiency including advanced Excel skills and
- MRP/ERP experience required.
- Proven understanding of procurement concepts in inventory
- Proven ability to implement processes and procedure
- Support process initiatives and continue improvement
- Proven decision-making skills effectively impacting the
department and company with maximum results. Make overall
recommendations for improvement. Obtain appropriate approval levels
- Experience in interacting with staff and supporting
- Must be skilled at relationship building, cost analysis, time
management and presentations to all levels of management.
- Strong use of MS Office/ Excel. Company Overview About our
Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all
sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise,
production, and large format printing solutions, supported by
exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering
dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions
America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and
regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and
traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly
owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is
headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations
across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which
earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks
third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of
Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon
Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan,
discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing,
educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much
more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is
available at We comply with all applicable federal, state and local
laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be
required to follow as a federal government
contractor/subcontractor. We are an EEO/AA employer.
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
csa.canon.com/careers . #CSA Workstyle Description Hybrid - This
position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring
you to be in the office two company designated days a week and an
option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a
specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on
other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting
requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
Posting Tags #PM20 #LI-SH4 #LI-HYBRID
Keywords: Canon Solutions America, Inc., New Haven , Buyer/Planner, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!