Company: St. Catherine of Siena
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Facility: CHS Services Location: Melville, NY Department: HIM EMPI
DRG Appeals Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule:
Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 7am-3pm ReqNum: 6039364
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve
our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate
care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes - to
every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long
Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes. Catholic Health
is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on
Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to
work in both 2019 and 2020.
* Thoroughly read and interpret the documentation contained in
every medical record to identify all diagnoses and procedures to
which codes must be affixed.
* Assess the adequacy of documentation to ensure that it supports
the principle diagnosis, principle procedure, complications and
comorbid conditions assigned codes.
* Demonstrates a strong familiarity of diagnostic and procedural
* Ability to apply knowledge of disease processes and to index
medical terms/procedures to the appropriate class in the
* Apply knowledge of ICD-10-CM instructional notations and
conventions to facilitate location of the correct code (s) for each
episode of care.
* Facilitate comprehensive retrieval by recognizing when more than
one code is required to adequately code a given condition.
* Apply knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding principles to completely and
correctly code episodes of patient care.
* Enter and edit patient data for assigning DRG's in the Grouper,
following approved guidelines for coding and sequencing.
* Enter and edit patient data into computerized abstracting system
for in-patients and outpatients as assigned.
* Utilize accurate CPT codes for the procedural coding of
ambulatory surgery patients.
* Follow all coding guidelines, rules and regulations when
* Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures
* High School Diploma or GED
* CCS or CCS-P required
* Minimum one year preferred experience with hospital ICD-10-CM and
CPT Coding. A coding certificate from an approved program.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes
first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings
go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life
insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts,
we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded
pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Keywords: St. Catherine of Siena, New Haven , Certified Coder, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!