Information Security Specialist
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionImplements and maintains the
information security architectures and solutions for the
organization. Identifies probable system exposure, compromise,
problems or design flaws. Provides security design assistance on
new products and internally-developed projects.Job
- Identify medical device security risks, collaborate on risk
remediation plans, and track status
- Perform data analysis and produce metrics/reports
- Collaborate with clinical and IT departments on security
- Plans, defines, and maintains policies, standards,
configuration, and operation procedures and guidelines regarding
security, identity and access.
- Defines and monitors data security, confidentiality, integrity,
- Ensures compliance with agency security policies and
- Identifies probable system exposure, compromise, problems or
- Analyzes, designs, implements, tests, troubleshoots,
integrates, documents, and configures IT security infrastructure to
maximize performance and capacity.
- Implements new security infrastructure architecture or design
- Offers support to application development, network, server,
database and storage teams regarding new technologies, services and
- Provides security design assistance on new products and
- Monitors security devices, including procedures for detecting,
reporting and responding to computer security incidents.
- Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied
and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of
education and related experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, required. Minimum of five (5)
years progressively responsible information security assessment or
audit experience, required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current information
risk assessment techniques, required.
- Working knowledge of IT standards, federal and state compliance
regulations, and security frameworks including HIPAA, HITRUST,
NIST, ISO27001, and PCI-DSS, required.Preferred Skills:
- Good organizational skills
- Project management and data analytics skills
- Good writing, communication, interpersonal and presentation
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Information Security Specialist, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!