Bus Monitor (Part-time)
Location: New Haven
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB TITLE: BUS MONITOR
REPORTS TO: Transportation Department
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Monitor students on vehicle
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types
of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude
them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a
logical assignment to the position.
Ideal candidates must be able to:
* Must wear a face mask and monitor students to ensure their face
masks are worn at all times
* Assists students in getting on the bus and to their seats
* Assists students in getting off the bus safely
* Ensures all students are properly restrained while riding the
* Assist driver with wheelchair students
* Help the students into/out of seatbelts and/or car seats
* Maintains order and behavior of students on the bus so driver
will not be distracted from safe driving
* When dropping off a student be sure there is someone visibly
present to receive him/her.
* Check the vehicle at the end of each route to ensure that no
students have been left on board.
* Learn the bus route and make the substitute driver aware when
* Attends all training/workshops as provided and all meetings as
* Work with the building principals and staff to solve problems
that might evolve on the mini-bus.
* Bus monitors are not allowed to bring their children or any other
person on the bus that is not authorized to be on the vehicle
* Inform the School and the Transportation Office of any problems
with students (et. delays and/or constant no-shows).
* Performs any other task deemed necessary by the supervisor
* Must be able to lift/push up to 50 pounds
* Must pass background check
UNION AFFILIATION: N/A
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-time. Rate is per diem in accordance with
the number and type of bus routes assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered for opportunities for the
2020-2021 school year, all internal and external applicants must
submit a completed New Haven Public Schools online application.
NOTE: Position subject to available funding. Additional
responsibilities and expectations are specific to work site and/or
content area. Required training and professional development
sessions are included in the weekly hours, not in addition to. New
Haven Public Schools is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer. The description should not be
construed as a complete listing of all duties or as a contract. In
all cases, these relationships, functions, and their applications
are subject to change by the Superintendent of Schools
Keywords: NHPS, New Haven , Bus Monitor (Part-time), Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!