Certified Nurses Aide (PD)
Company: Northwell health
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionThe Certified Nursing Assistant,
under the supervision and/or direction of a Registered Professional
Nurse, performs various duties assisting the RN/LPN the care of
patients in accordance with established policy and procedure of the
- Performs general patient care duties and assists patients with
activities of daily living under the supervision of an RN.
- Assists in patient treatment, activities and procedures.
- Works as supportive and productive member of patient care team
under the supervision of an RN.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Actively participates in unit related activities and own
- Assists in the preparation for admissions of residents.
- Assists in and accompanies residents in the admission transfer
and discharge procedures.
- Provides post-mortem care and assist in transporting bodies to
- Provides care, which may include bed bath, oral hygiene,
combing hair, dressing residents, changing bed linen, cleaning over
bed table and bedside stand, straightening room, and other general
care as necessary throughout the day.
- Assists Staff Nurse and / or Licensed Nurse in treatment
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning residents:
lifting and turning residents: applying/utilizing special
equipment: assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode;
ambulating the resident.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight,
height, and intake & output measurements.
- Makes rounds with out going shift: know whereabouts of assigned
- Makes rounds with on coming shift to ensure the unit is left in
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures of the facility and the
Department of Nursing.
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit.
- Turns and positions residents as ordered and or as needed.
Lift5s and turns with proper and safe mechanics and with available
- Established and maintains interpersonal relationships with
residents family members, and other facility personnel while
assuring confidentiality of resident information.
- Attends in-service education programs, as assigned, to learn
new treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies
- Performs related duties, as required.
- ADA Essential FunctionsJob Qualification
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Equivalent work experience, including ability to read, write
and comprehend medical terminology.
- New York State Certification.
- Previous experience as a nursing assistant preferred, or able
to satisfactorily complete train program.
Keywords: Northwell health, New Haven , Certified Nurses Aide (PD), Other , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!