Senior Residential Underwriter
Company: Dime Community Bank
Posted on: November 18, 2021
You must attach your resume when applying in order to be
Summary: The Senior Residential Underwriter will be responsible for
underwriting 1-4 family residential loan files and consumer loans
which are originated through multiple origination channels and/or
product types. Strong knowledge and experience with complex loan
files including self-employed borrowers. Thorough knowledge of
agency underwriting guidelines for loans sold on the secondary
Our team plans to interview remotely via Microsoft Teams/Zoom and
onboard this hire as soon as possible. This position could possibly
be remote or a combination of remote and in-person (Melville, Long
- Underwrite complex loan files, making recommendations for
approval or denial.
- Provide assistance with loan scenarios presented by loan
originators and contacting investors if necessary.
- Review files for reinstatement or override of conditions
- Assist in the training of new employees.
- Review denied or suspended files with Management.
- Contact with Fannie Mae for any questions or issues related to
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 5 years' underwriting experience preferred.
- Associates degree or comparable work experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of consumer laws and regulations for
- Background in FNMA/FHLMC required.
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, and ability to
- Good interpersonal skills working with retail loan originators,
mortgage brokers, investors, and various levels of company
- Good computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective time management, written and oral communication
Relocation is not covered for this position. Current U.S. work
authorization is required (no sponsorship provided). **
Responsibilities and qualifications for this position may be
subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
Dime Community Bank offers a competitive benefits package.
Dime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Dime Community Bank, New Haven , Senior Residential Underwriter, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!