Lifeguard - New Haven YMCA Youth Center
Company: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
Location: New Haven
Posted on: November 18, 2021
This position supports the mission and work of the Y, a leading
nonprofit, charitable organization. The Lifeguard at the Central
Connecticut Coast YMCA maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere
that welcomes and respects all individuals and while promoting and
maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and
surrounding areas in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
The Lifeguard assures the well-being for each participant in line
with YMCA of the USA guidelines and association policies in
accordance with their training.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential
functions of this position include, but are not limited to the
- Models the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and
responsibility with members, colleagues, guests, volunteers, and
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers,
members, program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the
organization; helps members connect with each other and the
- Maintains physical presence, remains alert at all times while
on duty, maintains constant visual attention to swimmers, and
remains aware of pool surroundings and participants in the
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to
emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies,
procedures, and the "safe-in-six" model; completes related reports
- Knows, follows, and enforces all YMCA policies, rules,
regulations, and procedures, including those for the prevention of
- Ambassador of all YMCA programs with a focus on Aquatics
programs, schedules, and member engagement.
- Follows all aquatic procedures and guidelines including those
pertaining to health and safety, chemical testing, forms, reports,
and staff expectations as required by the YMCA and the state health
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is
available as needed. Clean and store equipment per branch
- Attends all mandatory meetings and trainings.
YMCA Leadership Competencies:
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions
based on logic, data, and sound judgment.
- Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents, and
takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity,
inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence.
- Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates ability to understand and
manage emotions effectively in all situations.
- Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for
Experience, Education, and Qualifications:
- Must be 16 years of age or older (under 18 years requires
working papers/proof of age).
- Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid,
and emergency oxygen administration certification - Required for
- Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent certification - Required
for job placement
- Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA
- Must successfully complete a swimming and physical skills test
upon hire, and annually according to CCC YMCA parameters
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when
challenged by others
- Effective communication skills necessary to inform, counsel,
motivate, and support members
- Must be observant, safety-conscious and able to react calmly
and quickly in an emergency
- Able to work flexible schedules
Trainings & Certifications:
- Must complete online New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse
Prevention, Mandated Reporter, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard
Communication, and Employee Safety trainings prior to start of
- Must complete department onboarding within the first 90-days of
- Must hold and maintain American Red Cross, YMCA, or equivalent
lifeguard certification, CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications -
required for job placement.
- Must complete Emergency Oxygen Administration Certification
within the first 90 days of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type,
handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position requires sitting for extended periods of time and
repetitive data entry. Must be able to be in the water for extended
periods of time and pass aquatic proficiency tests. Must have
sufficient visual and auditory acuity to respond to emergencies in
a timely manner in a busy pool environment.
This job operates in a recreational and educational environment.
This role routinely uses standard sports and recreation equipment
such as gym equipment, sports equipment, and office equipment such
as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. At
times, employees may be exposed to undesirable working conditions,
communicable infectious diseases, and risk of injury from others.
All employees are required to follow the preventative health
policies of the YMCA at all times. The noise level in the work
environment is moderate to high.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, New Haven , Lifeguard - New Haven YMCA Youth Center, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!