Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 3
Details: Every other weekend 12 hr nights 6p-6a 3-8
hr nights during the week (10p-6a)
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
• Coordinates the activities of the residence in the absence of the
• Serves as resource staff.
• Ensures the appropriate transfer of information and
responsibilities to the next shift.
• Ensures the residence's medications, supplies and equipment needs
are met for the present and following shift.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer
Education: Associate Degree required, Bachelor
• 1 year acute care nursing required.
• Pediatric experience or experience working with children with
• Leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state,
Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career
development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization
on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies,
breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,
women and children. We know that a thriving organization
starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits
program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment
matters. And this is your moment.