RN Clinical Manager - Behavioral Health
Company: LHC Group
Location: New Haven
Posted on: July 17, 2021
HomeCare Behavioral Health is currently Hiring a Registered Nurse
Sign On Bonus Available!
opportunity to further your RN career!
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the
coordination of high quality, cost-effective patient care. This
position is responsible for the operations and operational flow of
the agency including performance of and/or oversight of crucial
activities including scheduling, staffing, intake, physician
communications, billing and reimbursement process, and overall
TotalCare HomeCare a part of LHC Group is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and home and community-based services, we deliver
high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage
their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the
country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered
care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose
LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose:
It's all about helping people.
- Understands the criteria for acceptance of patient and
reimbursement mechanisms as they relate to the delivery of services
to patients. Collaborates with the Agency Director regarding
referral acceptance, assists in determining qualification and
appropriateness for home care services and establishment of
frequencies and utilization for new admissions.
- Works closely with the Agency Director regarding coverage, plan
of care, and other reimbursement concerns on both an individual and
an agency perspective.
- Schedules initial assessments. Ensures that documentation of
initial assessments is complete and meets established processing
- Works closely with Case Coordinators to provide appropriate and
- Monitors patient utilization to ensure compliance with
physician orders, agency, and funded program guidelines.
Investigates all unfilled shifts and takes appropriate
- Assists in completing schedules for Case Managers, nurses and
other PRN support staff as needed. Ensures Case Managers and nurses
submit accurate documentation according to required timelines.
- Implements and approves changes to the patient’s plan of care
when needed, in consultation with Case Managers and/or direct care
staff. Approves all verbal order and initials form to signify
approval. Makes changes to the POC calendar and adds medications
and treatments to the POC as appropriate and ordered.
- Ensures that recertifications are completed in a timely manner
and approves frequencies and utilization of all patients
re-certified. Assures compliance with 485/plan of care policies and
time frames. Verifies 485 content and appropriateness.
- Performs routine and supervisory visits in the field as needed
and as dictated per the state requirements.
- Assists in training and/or orientation of newly hired nurses,
caregivers, or other staff as directed.
Education & Experience
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
- Minimum of 1 year of Home Care related experience
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must the following: (1) A baccalaureate degree in nursing
and at least two (2) years of full-time clinical experience within
the past five (5) years in a home health care agency or related
health care facility program which
included care of the sick;
- or (2) An associate degree in nursing and at least three (3)
years of full-time clinical experience in nursing within the past
five (5) years, at least two (2) of which were in a home health
care agency or related health care facility/program which included
care of the sick;
- or (3) A diploma in nursing and at least three (3) years of
full-time clinical experience in nursing within the past five (5)
years, at least two (2) of which were in a home health care agency
or related health care facility/program which included care of the
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of home care regulations and regulatory requirements
Opportunity Employer – vets, disability.
Keywords: LHC Group, New Haven , RN Clinical Manager - Behavioral Health, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!