Manager, Product Category Management
Company: Henry Schein
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is directly responsible for managing and further
developing our expertise in the product categories responsible for
and developing plans that will result in increased sales, market
share and/or profitability. The categories assigned to the PCM are
typically between $300 and $400 million in annual sales, and are
typically in the top 20 overall dental categories. Included is the
management and oversight of at least one direct report. Areas of
responsibility include new product review and implementation,
current product line management, category analysis, strategy
development, lead supplier relationships, supplier profitability
and contribution, promotional activity, pricing, catalog
production, and other projects as required. Must be the Product
Category Expert within the Dental Group/Industry.
- CATEGORY MANAGEMENT: Ownership of all activities surrounding
the performance of the categories for which they are responsible.
Including sales and market share analysis, identifying
underperforming categories, developing plans and programs to drive
sales and market share in both branded and private brand products.
Provide strategic guidance on private brand product additions and
- NEW PRODUCT ACTIVITIES: Manages the process of all new product
submissions. Reviews information provided by PC Associate to ensure
all necessary information is obtained from the supplier to
facilitate a timely review. Determines which products will be
accepted and/or rejected. Determines pricing, forecast, and opening
order quantities. Oversees the process of new item code creation,
web attributes and descriptions, and development of catalog copy.
Works closely with suppliers to develop a promotional plan to
support a successful launch.
- CURRENT PRODUCT LINE MANAGEMENT: Determine products and pricing
to be featured in all flyers for respective product categories and
work with Associate and/or Specialist to produce layout and pricing
spreadsheets. Negotiates buying deals with suppliers and oversees
proper communication and implementation to Inventory Management.
Performs review of marketing product classifications and item
descriptions to ensure the integrity of product content.
Accountable for A-system and/or eCommerce classifications, item
descriptions, and images to ensure the integrity of product content
Reviews and approves products identified by SKU Optimization for
stocking, non-stocking, and inventory returns.
- CATALOG/FLYER PRODUCTION: Manages layout and presentation for
respective categories in the annual Henry Schein Dental and all
Specialty Catalogs/Flyers. Performs competitive pricing analysis
and determines selling prices of all products in the respective
- OTHER: Participates in special projects and performs other
duties as required.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 10 or more years of increasing responsibility and
complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 1 or
more years of management experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in a related
discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong management and leadership skills and ability to attract,
retain, motivate, develop and mentor team members for high
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability
to resolve disputes effectively
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis, and
- Understand and act on financial information that contributes to
- Ability to plan and manage successful projects; understand
available resources, develop timeline, budget, assign tasks and
areas of responsibility
- Lead team(s) to achieve company goals in creative and effective
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and
- Communicate effectively with senior management
- Good negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand
organizational complexities and manage conflict
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a good
understanding of industry practices and company policies and
- Ability to lead virtual teams
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent Excel Skills.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong analytical skills and must have excellent
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Train, lead and develop their team on processes and
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue
hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein,
please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers
Keywords: Henry Schein, New Haven , Manager, Product Category Management, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!