Company: Estee Lauder
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This role includes being a critical technical leader / member of
teams responsible for exploring, managing, and delivering
breakthrough product sensory technology platforms/products aligned
with business strategy and goals. The person in this position will
be responsible to translate and transfer new technical ideas into
acceptable deliverable cosmetic concepts that fulfill the ELC's
brand product pipelines. The person will be responsible to identify
new opportunities to leverage external innovation sources by
collaboration with different industries, academic institutions,
business partners, and across global electronic media. The role
also includes securing IP for new technologies, and publishing new
findings in scientific and trade journals and meetings. The person
will also be responsible for developing and evolving the analytical
methods used to prove the utility of new breakthrough beauty care
Explore and develop Innovative products in line with business
strategy and goals.
- Keep abreast on what is going on in other industries to create
new ideas to maintain competitive advantage for the company.
- Identify the most appropriate technologies to create innovative
cosmetic products and consumers benefits by considering the
technology challenges and its readiness.
- Develop analytical methods and training for measuring the
efficacy of cosmetic products on the skin
- Develop new products from ideation to prototype development to
scale up, ensuring the stability, safety, and the efficacy of new
cosmetic products on the skin.
- Utilize key IP tools to protect proprietary content including
Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, SOWs, results
ownership, and/or patent applications.
- Initial patent search, draft IP strategy, invention records,
support claim documents for patent disclosures/applications filing
that maximizes technology protection
- Utilize the tools of project management. Develop detailed
project plans to monitor and track progress for key projects,
ensure all projects have established technical milestones,
technical targets, and timelines aligned with scope of project.
Prepare reports and presentations for upper management regarding
status of projects and risks.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure regulatory
and safety compliance on all new technologies, cascades information
clearly & precisely.
- Build relationships and forms effective collaborations with
external organizations to maximize new breakthrough ideas.
- Keeps laboratory management and key project members informed of
- Participates in brainstorming meetings and provides out of box
- Ability to proactively identify and manage technical program
challenges and provide alternative solutions.
- Ability to synthesize complex technical information into clear
focused messages and be able to present to scientists and upper
- Excellent critical thinking, good problem solving and
This position requires a curious leader comfortable with
ambiguity, capable of exploring innovative ideas and translating
and transforming into deliverable beauty concepts through
cooperative team approach and utilizing analytical protocol,
innovative methods, and instrumentation to demonstrate the utility
of new technologies.
The ideal candidate is required to;
- Hold a Ph.D. in physical, chemical, material, or biophysical
sciences with 5 years operational experience in beauty care related
industries (Or M.S. with 10 years experience) .
- Skills and training in the use of laboratory instruments and
methods for skin penetration studies is a plus.
- Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong rigor in
applied sciences and creativity, curiosity, and judgment.
- Language proficiency and communication skills.
- Domestic and international travel may be required - 10%
Keywords: Estee Lauder, New Haven , Fellow, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!