Company: Estee Lauder
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for the development of new natural, green skincare
products or modifications of existing ones with different degrees
of complexity. Will be leading the formulation development,
ensuring project meets timeline, guiding and often teaching
formulators natural formulation and providing raw material
suggestions. Ensuring data integrity, design of experiments,
problem solving, product evaluations on skin, and interactions with
R&D and business groups to align project milestones. Must be
detailed oriented, able to multi-task multiple projects in a fast
pace environment to ensure the timely completion of product
development activities. Responsible for the training and
supervision of a team of scientific formulators. May direct the
activities of 0-4 people. Performs special projects as assigned.
Utilize creativity to provide innovative products and concepts that
will provide future growth for the company. Must have experience in
natural formulation, extensive technical depth on different
formulation systems, processing equipment, knowledge in different
formulation tests to ensure quality, experience on OTC's a plus,
and experience in project management.
- Builds organizational talent & capability through coaching and
mentoring of scientists and lab technicians.
- Directs development of all products from formulations
challenges to direction from Product Development.
- Uses mastery & data to seek out non-obvious project &
technology connections and anticipate technical issues.
- Manages priorities & work of teams, ensuring appropriate
resourcing in place to align with business needs, product timelines
- Coordinates responsibilities with external organizations (e.g.
raw material suppliers, consultants, independent testing
laboratories) to maximize new product development ideas and execute
- Conducts employee reviews and administers appropriate career
discussions with all personnel.
- May lead a cross functional team in the development of a
- Extensive contacts with all R&D departments, QA, Technical
Services, Manufacturing and NY Products Department.
- Keeps R&D management informed of project progress.
- Serves as organizational resource for all levels of the
Proficient in MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), able to work
on site every day, comfortable to safely operate lab equipment
BS Degree in relevant scientific field, Chemistry preferred
6-7 Years Experience
Keywords: Estee Lauder, New Haven , Manager, Skincare, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!