Sepsis Clinical Program Manager - Peconic Bay Medical Center
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Plans and implements clinical services, systems, and performance
improvement activities as they relate to a multidisciplinary
approach to providing care to patients. Collaborates with
management in developing and maintaining policies and procedures
for the department.
- Collaborates with management to establish nursing care
standards and evaluates staff compliance; identifies research
protocols effecting the patient population served and keeps nursing
- Facilitates effective provision of support services essential
to patient care; maintains a safe and caring environment for
patients that is conducive to positive health teaching, and
maintenance; patient and family expectations of care; develops
mechanism to assess same.
- Develops department goals and objectives to support the
institutional values and goals, with input from staff; recognizes
the need for patient care to be delivered in a culturally sensitive
manner and role models sensitivity to staff.
- Provides intramural and extramural education for professional
staff as related to the care of patients; oversees staff
competencies related to patient care and equipment usage.
- Monitors indicators of clinical process indicators, system
issues, and outcomes related to the quality of care provided to
patients; develops quality indicators, filters, and audits;
identifies trends and sentinel events; participates in case reviews
of the patients; assists management in outlining and implementing
remedial actions Manages the operational, personnel, and financial
aspects of the clinical program as needed.
- Serves as a clinical liaison to hospital administration for the
program and coordinates and collaborates with doctor's offices
ensuring smooth throughput.
- Assists in organizing and documenting compliance with
governmental, regulatory, requirements; oversees the collection,
coding, storage, use, and validation of data on patients while
protecting patient confidentiality.
- Assists in facilitating research and protocol design, data
collection, analysis, and publication efforts; participates in the
development of clinical systems at the community, state, and
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required. Current License to
practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
required, plus specialized certifications as needed. 5-7 years of
technical experience and 0-2 years of leadership / management
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Sepsis Clinical Program Manager - Peconic Bay Medical Center, Other , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!