Assistant Manager - Express- Riverhead Outlet
Company: Express, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Brand that Gets You to What's Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious
people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and
women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and
confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in
their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet
stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America,
and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at
www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers
across the globe.
A Workplace To MatchWe think you'll like it here.We offer a
competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate
discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much
more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage
with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing
work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we're
always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team;
if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Assistant Manager assists the store manager in supervising
the store operations, recruiting, management, training and sales
functions, drive productivity, compliance with company policies,
and create a great in-store shopping experience for our
Talent - Assists in developing, inspiring, and retaining top
- Maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an
exceptionally high level of the store morale. Focusing on creating
an environment built on team work and inspiring a "one team"
- Coach, teach and train Sales Associates for effective job
- Partner with the Store Manager to identify high performing
Sales Associates to assist in their growth.
- May assist in the hiring process for Sales Associates by
participating in interview and providing feedback to the Store
Execution - Support the Store Manager's analysis of the business
and help to execute/communicate clear action plans that optimize
results and ensure effective execution of all operational
- Assist in overseeing all aspects of daily store
- Execute action plans to optimize results.
- Ensure sales floor coverage in order to meet customer
- Oversee merchandise flow, such as shipment, replenishment, and
omnichannel operations, throughout the store.
- Maintain adherence to Company Policies and ensures the safety
of associates and customers.
- Manage the execution of the store strategy to achieve
- Optimize sales/operations opportunity, by leading the
associates consistently executes merchandising strategies,
operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
Customer and Selling Experience - Support a store's environment
focused on consistently delivering a great in-store experience.
- Lead by example in creating a culture of proactive customer
engagement to exceed our customer's expectations.
- Greet and assist all customers in a friendly manner, shares
information on product, promotions, and loyalty programs.
- Resolve any customer complaints. Determines the source of
issues and takes initiative to identify and resolve them.
- Act as the customer experience leader; Accountable for results
of the customer experience and creates action plans to improve
- Creates a positive in-store experience through visual
Other essential functions may occur as directed by your
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Years of Experience: 1-3 of relevant job experience
- Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills
- Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends
and non-business hours
- Meets physical requirements
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Prior sales management experience
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate
in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any
federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires
individuals authorized for employment in the United
States.Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not
accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or
employment agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service
Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific
requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any
third-parties for hires made.
Keywords: Express, Inc., New Haven , Assistant Manager - Express- Riverhead Outlet, Other , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!