Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view
Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on
the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNTIONALDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full
working level. If you are selected you will have the opportunity to
learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you
grow in this position.
- Performs unique, often controversial and precedent setting
appraisals of businesses and business interests where the appraisal
will have significant tax impact, affect large segments of
taxpayers, and with potential to effect legislative change.
- Provides expertise to government attorneys on cases with
- Serves as expert witness in U.S. Tax Court or U.S. District
- Performs appraisals and reviews appraisals prepared by
recognized experts and authorities in the industry.
- Conducts conferences with taxpayers, representatives and
experts to explain findings which are often vigorously
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this
1160 Financial Analysis
- Analysts, Financial
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice
by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior
- Must successfully complete a background investigation,
including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your
suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959,
certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System
or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that
requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law
requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of
all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired
original or certified copies.
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing
birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of
Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S.
Citizen (Form FS-240))
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee
or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon
classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may
include up to 2 years of returns.
- Relocation expenses - No
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may
- If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed
to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19.
Employees must be within a 150-mile radius of their official
assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal
operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to
perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not
guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework
eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate
in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected
for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your
designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as
directed by management.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have one year of
specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility
equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal Service. Examples of
specialized experience includes direct experience that includes the
appraisal of closely-held businesses or business interests as the
primary and typical job duty. Regularly makes determinations of
value for intangible assets, and selects and supports control
premiums, lack of control, and lack of marketability discounts.
- Federal experience is not required. The experience may have
been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer
Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work;
part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate
dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours
worked per week, on your resume.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are
qualifying for this position by substituting education or training
for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An
official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an
accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by
the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet
these criteria, please refer to Department of Education
If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must
submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a
credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions.