Company: Hill Health Ctr
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Our healthcare facility is in need of a Registered Nurse (RN).
The Registered Nurse is responsible for guiding and supervising
assigned nursing personnel in delivering patient care. The RN will
collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other health care
professionals in the delivery of patient care. Assume
responsibility for management of a selected case load of patients
as defined by the clinical practice area
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that patients experience reasonable, maximum relief of
withdrawal and acute medical/surgical symptoms. Delivers effective
nursing care for chronic medical and psychiatric conditions,
calling upon medical and psychiatric resources, as needed.
- Assess and appropriately address the medical needs of patients
from any level of care, including potential admissions, as defined
in the RN scope of practice.
- Provides medication education to clients, including intended
effects and actual side effects of prescribed medications.
Evaluates clients for actual effects on routine basis, seeking
timely modification of medication orders when desired effects are
not achieved and documents timely.
- Ensures negative outcomes to withdrawal are minimized. Monitors
and reports any negative outcomes, as per policy.
- Ensures that the covering MD/PA/APRN is notified of all
pertinent information in a timely fashion.
- Provides behaviorally oriented nursing interventions. Calls
upon psychiatric resources and performs crisis intervention, as
- Collaborate with physicians or APRNs to create a Plan of Care
for each patient.
- Documentation in patient electronic medical records via
- Must have a current Registered Nurse Connecticut State
- Minimum of Associate's degree in nursing. Bachelor's degree in
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience in psychiatric or
substance abuse treatment preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience is preferred.
- Experience as CNA/MA or other related field is desirable for
newly graduated nurses.
- CPR certification required.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Advanced knowledge of EPIC EMRs preferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Hill Health Ctr, New Haven , Registered Nurse, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!