Todd Snyder - General Manager - United States
Company: American Eagle
Location: East Hampton
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The role of the General Manager is to drive the company's key
performance indicators by delivering exceptional customer store
experience at all Todd Snyder locations. He or she exercises
independent judgment and discretion in the development,
implementation and communication of store strategies and business
plans that align with the brand strategies. In partnership with the
Store Leadership, the General Manager is accountable for
effectively teaching, training and coaching store management into a
high performing leadership teams that achieve sales goals, meets
merchandising brand standards and delivers operational
POSITION TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: District Manager
STATUS: Full Time Exempt
SUPERVISES: Store Manager, Store Management, Store
- Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision
and purpose which encompasses the company vision.
- Create and lead an environment that ensures customer
satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability by translating
and implementing company and brand developed business plans.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations and hold the store
management team and self-accountable for achieving all brand,
performance and behavior standards.
- Build and support effective relationships peers, supervisor,
field leadership and cross-functional business partners to
effectively lead positive change.
- Facilitate and cascade communication across the store
organization and acts as liaison to field leadership and
cross-functional business partners.
- Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand
customer service standards and Customer First selling
- Proactively seek personal learning and development
opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual
Drive for Results
- Establish the store business strategy inclusive of forecasting
sales that reflect store trend and incorporates calculated risks to
- Identify, create and manage the execution of the store business
plan to drives KPI results and maximizes business opportunities to
include CRM, Loyalty and technology.
- Provide feedback on success of brand initiatives, customer
feedback, in-store trends and market insights to drive growth.
- Manage the controllable components of the P&L to achieve
all store financial and expense targets.
- Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time
strategic business decisions to drive results.
- Train and develop management team on business acumen to drive
- Lead the use of technology to enhance customer engagement and
drive KPI results.
- Evaluate store sales and payroll goals on a daily basis using
payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain a high performing management
- Teach, train and coach the store management team.
- Consistently assess and provide ongoing performance
- Develop succession plans to ensure career paths for all
associates; encourage associates to pursue internal
- Lead the annual review process for store management and
- Collaborate with the Store Leadership to write performance
reviews for the leadership team.
- Manage all compensation decisions in partnership with you Human
- Drive employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding
employees for outstanding performance.
- Ensure that the store management team adheres to and enforce
all employment practices and policies.
- Recognize and properly resolve customer and performance issues;
communicate high priority issues to the District Manager in a
timely manner and collaborate to develop a plan for resolution to
Visual & Operational Execution
- Conducts weekly visual walk-throughs with merchandise managers;
directs brand appropriate strategic merchandising to maximize sales
as an outcome of the assessment.
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized
sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment
is safe for employees and customers.
- Lead all visual directives ensuring mapping and floorset are
properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted
- Generate and analyze merchandise reports and direct brand
appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive
- Supervise the efficient and productive handling of all
merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floorsets,
markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining
backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). .
- Oversees and ensures efficiency of all daily operational
- Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company
loss prevention standards.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of retail or equivalent management
- Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problemsolving & planning
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including
compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and competing
- Skilled at making quality decisions in a fast-paced and complex
- Strong communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all
levels of corporate business partners and field leadership.
- Proficient in conflict management and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in training, sales generation and
leading of functional teams.
- Proven ability to analyze business trends and reporting to
- Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers
and store team.
- Proven ability to work in a fastpaced and deadlineoriented
- Ability to effectively lead multiple non-contiguous locations
- Capacity to successfully lead high potential management teams
and sizeable store teams (150+).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the
business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Ability to perform Essential Job Functions.
- Computer and technology proficient.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
complying with all federal, state and local equal employment
opportunity ("EEO") laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against
associates and applicants for employment because of the
individual's race or color, religion or creed, alienage or
citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression,
marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim
status, genetic information or predisposing genetic
characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO
activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring,
compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance
evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable
accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with
Keywords: American Eagle, New Haven , Todd Snyder - General Manager - United States, Other , East Hampton, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!