Manager - HIM Release of Information
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 9, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
The Manager, Release of Information is responsible for the daily
oversight of centralized and off-site ROI staff and associated
operations activities supporting timely and accurate fulfillment of
records requests. The incumbent maintains positive and productive
relationships with vendor partners, establishes and enforces
productivity standards, and implements strategies supporting ROI
under the corporate shared service model.
- Directs activities of staff involved in the furnishing of
patient medical information to authorized parties.
- Ensures information is released in accordance with federal and
state regulations and Health System administrative policy regarding
release of information. Understands legal ramifications to the
Health System if regulations are not met.
- Serves as primary point of contact and collaborates with
release of information vendor, ensuring services covered by
contract are properly provided.
- Assists Release of Information staff in determining validity of
questionable or complex requests/authorizations.
- Consults with Legal Office and Compliance as appropriate to
situation for subpoena and release of information issues;
participates in depositions as requested or required
- Maintains subject matter expert level proficiency in current
and legacy system EMRs. Provides technical assistance with systems
as necessary to employees responsible for release of medical
- Seeks updates from credible sources and familiarizes staff with
current federal and state regulations affecting release of
- Interacts with third party providers and their representatives
to facilitate and prompt operational changes to aid in expediting
response to request for medical information.
- Interacts independently with Information Systems & Technology
technical support staff and vendors. Troubleshooting issues,
obtaining and implementing upgrades as needed.
- Develops and implements initial and refresher training for
staff in release of information guidelines and use of Epic and
- Serves on standing committees as well as ad hoc work groups as
- Promotes and fosters a positive customer service relations
environment in the workplace setting the example for staff members
to interact successfully with co-workers and outside business
- Completes all direct report staff performance evaluations and
initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Initiates process improvement projects in response to
subjective observation and quantitative productivity data.
- Serves as a resource to other HIM Operations division staff in
the absence of other leaders.
(number of years and type required to perform the position
duties): Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management, Health
Administration or related field highly preferred. RHIA or RHIT
certification preferred. Work experience acceptable with the intent
to obtain a Bachelor's Degree within two years.
Three (3) years' experience in Health Information Management,
Health IT, or related health care or hospital-based operations
activities. Three to five years' experience in a supervisory
position, including training and direction to other staff members.
Experience in release of medical information required. Experience
in implementation/maintenance of computer systems and electronic
health record systems required.
Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and state and federal
regulations regarding release of medical information. Excellent
organizational skills. Strong computer skills. Ability to train and
lead staff, prioritize and assign work.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, New Haven , Manager - HIM Release of Information, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!