Home Care Registered Nurse
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 9, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
The RN is responsible for admission of patients for home care
services, development of the patient plan of care, coordination
with patient's provider and other disciplines for the provision of
services, and safe delivery of patient care.
- Assesses/reassesses patients and establishes plans of care that
are patient specific.
- Collaborates with providers, other disciplines, and
communicates all changes promptly.
- Assesses payment sources and is responsible for ensuring
ongoing authorizations as necessary.
- Educates and instructs patients/caregivers in their ongoing
medical maintenance. Begins discharge planning on admission.
- Completes all documentation within 24 hours. Must include
changes in condition, follow-up with provider or other disciplines
with supporting documentation.
- Evaluation pf patient progress and prompt action
- Oversight of LPNs and Home Health Aides.
- Participates in case management conferences and documents per
- Schedules patients independently according to the individual
plan of care.
- Attends all staff meetings, inservices, other required
meetings. Compliance with all mandatory requirements.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Thorough and accurate OASIS documentation.
Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing. Bachelors in
Minimum two years nursing experience in an acute care setting.
Previous home care experience desirable, but not required.
Registered Nurse with Valid (or eligible) Connecticut
Excellent clinical knowledge, verbal/written skills, and
organizational skills. Must be able to work independently. Able to
competently assess patients' needs and follow through accordingly.
Strong ability to work with providers and members of the
Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity which may
include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, New Haven , Home Care Registered Nurse, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!