EEG Tech II
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 9, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs standard and complex EEG recordings including
proficiency in other neurodiagnostic modalities. Must be adept with
all age groups and special needs populations. Performs
neurodiagnostic procedures in a variety of patient care settings
such as inpatient, outpatient, and ICUs: MICU, SICU, Neuroscience
ICU, and New Born Special Care Unit.
- Prepares the patient, conducts various physiologic studies and
collects pertinent information to ensure proper interpretation by
- Performs standard and complex EEG recordings (wake and asleep,
bedside, isolation and electrocerebral inactivity
- Records EEG's from neonates, including those in the Newborn
Special Care Unit as requested by the referring physician.
- Reviews the Patient's neurological status and clinical history
from the chart, patient or other knowledgeable persons. Explains
the recording procedures to the patient and other persons in a
detailed manner prior to the procedure as evidenced by the Patient
- Adapts methods and instrumentation to obtain optimal results
based on history, clinical observations and test findings for
interpretation at the time of review by the physician.
- Performs high quality EEG recordings on adult and pediatric
- Meets emergency EEG On Call requirements as determined by the
Patient Services Manager, Neurophysiology.
- Follows established safety precautions and procedures in the
performance of all duties to ensure a safe environment.
- Consistently demonstrates a complete knowledge of body
- Demonstrates a concern for cleanliness of self and work area on
a daily basis and practices proper infection control techniques per
- Keeps equipment in clean operating condition daily and performs
maintenance and minor repairs of laboratory equipment and reports
the need for major repairs as soon as possible.
- Provides appropriate patient care during seizure which would
include activating emergency button for help, immediately turning
patient's head to one side to prevent aspiration, restraining arms
and legs to prevent injury to himself or falling off bed, even
though guardrails are up, stays with patient until seizure is over
with settings adjusted to capture seizure activity and details
observation of clinical manifestations during seizure and other
patient emergency situations.
- Retrieves and enters data into the CCSS/SCM system.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in using EPIC scheduling
- Assists in the training and instruction of Neurophysiology
Technologist I, when necessary as determined by the Patient
Services Manager, Neurophysiology.
- Assists in research studies or special projects when requested
by the Patient Services Manager, Neurophysiology.
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Previous education in
life science or allied health field preferrable. Graduate of an
Electroneurodiagnostic Technology Program accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) or equivalent.
Minimum of three (3) years performing standard and complex
neurodiagnostic procedures required. Long-term monitoring (LTM) in
an Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) a plus.
R.EEG.T. or equivalent (such as R.EP.T. or R.PSG.T.)
Possession of the skills and knowledge required by the American
Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked
Potential Technologists (ABRET) for national board certification.
Proficiency with the International 10-20 System of Electrode
Placement. Ability to perform collodion electrode application
beneficial. Ability to deal with critically ill adult and pediatric
patients in ICU settings. Proficient in working with and
troubleshooting the sophisticated computerized equipment required
to perform multimodal neurodignostic procedures.
No special conditions.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, New Haven , EEG Tech II, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!