Student Retention Specialist
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 8, 2021
TITLE: Student Retention Specialist
QUALIFICATIONS: An Associate's degree preferred, high school
diploma or equivalent; and experience working with high risk youth
and adults; knowledge of adolescent development;
JOB GOALS: Advises and assists students in better decision
making strategies to influence college & career readiness based on
the improvement of academics, attendance, and social emotional
REPORTS TO: Principal or his/her designee
EMPLOYMENT: By contractual agreement between the New Haven Board
of Education and the Paraprofessionals' bargaining unit.
SALARY GROUP: II (10 month), Local 3429
- Works closely with students, outreach service providers, other
staff and faculty to assist students.
- Develops and implements both intervention and retention plans
to ensure student success.
- Knowledgeable about matters related to school and District
- Identifies students whose behaviors indicate a lack of academic
- Develops and implements an early alert system by working
collaboratively with staff to provide timely feedback about
student(s) academic progress.
- Develops and monitors student action plans aligned with
short-term and long-term educational, post-secondary, and career
- Provides academic and personal guidance/advising and referral
services to students.
- Refers students for academic skills assistance, including
tutoring, counseling, and/or career guidance.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of orientation
and reorientation activities for newly enrolled and returning
- Assists administration in carrying out activities that support
the mission of the school and New Haven Public Schools.
- Provides assistance, as requested, concerning school activities
to school administrative staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal or his/her
Keywords: NHPS, New Haven , Student Retention Specialist, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!