Director of Ticketing - Shubert Theatre
Company: Columbus Association for the Performing Arts
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The full-time Director of Ticketing is responsible for managing
all of the Shuberts ticketing functions and staff, including
providing ticketing services for rentals and for shared services
organizations. Responsibilities include management of ticketing
staff, oversight of the ticketing system and related technology,
maintaining financial accountability and control over ticketing
functions, and providing premium customer service to Shubert
patrons and renters of the Shubert Theatre for ticketed events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates operational processes, develops improvements, and
leads staff through related changes.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, training, scheduling,
professional development and supervision of both full-time and
part-time box office staff.
- Develops best practices to ensure a high level of customer
service for ticket purchasers from initial purchase through night
of show ticketing functions.
- Oversees cash management related to ticketing operations,
including accurate and timely accounting of cash and sales, timely
deposits, proper security of cash by controlling access and
utilizing company cash handling standards.
- Sets up and processes Broadway subscriptions.
- Provides ticket sales update reports to CAPAs President & CEO
and other staff as needed.
- Works with the marketing department to develop single ticket
and subscription ticket campaigns and promotions.
- Assists resident arts groups, promoters and other users of CAPA
and non-CAPA managed facilities to ensure that their ticketing and
sales reporting needs are met. Will also provide show setup support
as needed in the ticketing system.
- Coordinates, manages, and provides accurate and timely ticket
sale reports, financial reporting, and charges and fees related to
the show settlements.
- Maintains timely and accurate disbursement calculations related
to show settlements with renters, artists, and accounting.
- Manages financial reporting and accounting for ticket
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing system is vital to this
position. Experience migrating a ticketing system to Tessitura is a
- Must possess management skills that can be used to maintain a
positive team environment among a mix of hourly and salaried
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite of applications
and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A natural inclination to provide a high level of customer
service to all customers (both internal and external to the
- Ability to demonstrate patience in demanding situations.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Arts Administration, Business, or related
- 3-5 years experience in a ticketing environment utilizing
customer service, show settlement, managing staff, and money
- Ability to work some evening, weekend, and holiday hours, and
night of show settlements.
CAPA's EEO Statement:
The Connecticut Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. CAPA does not discriminate in its
employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or
military status, genetic information, or any other protected
Keywords: Columbus Association for the Performing Arts, New Haven , Director of Ticketing - Shubert Theatre, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!