Staff Environmental Geologist/Engineer (Entry Level)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
ERM is seeking a hands-on Staff Environmental Geologist/Engineer
to join our consulting firm in Melville, New York. The successful
candidate will work on a variety of interesting site investigation
and remediation projects at industrial projects sites. This is a
great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement
the latest investigation and remediation technologies, while
building the required experience to obtain your professional
- Conduct field work, including soil, sediment, ground water, and
surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and
soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well
development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory
- Provide construction oversight on environmental remediation
projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work
plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental assessments to support
property transfer transactions.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants,
and clients during field activities.
- Bachelors in geology, hydrogeology, environmental engineering,
environmental science, or related discipline; Masters a plus.
Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of experience, including
willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and
organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing
detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established
Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple
project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is
uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society
through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide.
Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our
service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our
partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the
clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we
will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our
investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring,
developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients
and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We
achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and
living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our
People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on
review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not
forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other
company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as
a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Keywords: ERM, New Haven , Staff Environmental Geologist/Engineer (Entry Level), Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!