Per Diem Patient Sitters
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The patient sitter, under the direct supervision of a Registered
Nurse, keeps the patient safe from harm.
- Sitters observe the patient and maintain a safe environment,
and as delegated by the nurse, may provide care to the patient that
does not interfere with the ability to maintain continuous visual
- The sitter accompanies the patient for any clinical tests or
procedures off the unit.The sitter remains within an arm's length
distance of the patient unless otherwise directed by the person
performing the test or procedure.
- The sitter may be assigned to monitor two patients in the same
room.The sitter positions him/herself to maintain an unobstructed
view of both patients.Additional staff must be provided if patient
activity (e.g., patient ambulating in the hall, patient in the
restroom or patient transported off the unit) prevents the sitter
from simultaneously monitoring both patients.
- The Sitter is responsible for ensuring that the patient's
dignity is preserved.
- The Sitter provides for patient safety by removing potentially
harmful objects or contraband from patient and environment (e.g.,
sharp objects, glass items, belts, ties, hairdryer, purse,
cosmetics, mirrors, electric razors)
- The activities delegated to the Sitter are determined by the
policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and are in
accordance with the requirements of the patient care unit.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Per Diem Patient Sitters, Other , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!