Pt Financial Access Fcltator
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 8, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
The Patient Financial Access Facilitator is responsible for all
functions and processes related to patient check-in, check-out,
registration and scheduling. Obtains and updates the patient's
demographic and financial information in a sometimes demanding
atmosphere utilizing multiple applications to assure timely
processing of the patient visit. Performs a variety of functions
including accurate patient identification while adhering to Red
Flag procedures to ensure patient safety. Must stay abreast of all
insurance changes and adheres to managed care requirements and all
other information legislated for Health Care as it relates to the
health system. Must understand the various insurance carriers'
options and completes insurance entry accurately, satisfying
billing requirements to ensure a payable account. Verifies
eligibility of insurances, identifies and collects co-pay balances,
and initiates other funding referrals as outlined by departmental
policy when appropriate.
- Registration: Initiates and completes patient visit information
in accordance with YNHH department protocol.
- 1.1 Collects necessary patient demographic and insurance
information when completing the registration process.
- Scheduling: Accurately and promptly schedules patient
appointments per department standards.
- 2.1 Schedules patient appointments by obtaining all necessary
patients demographic and insurance information. Works in
collaboration with clinical team to schedule appointments according
to facility schedule, staff availability and patient needs.
- Insurance: Ensures appropriate financial information is
accurately obtained and documented to ensure proper reimbursement
to the health system.
- 3.1 Demonstrates understanding of the various third party
payers and accurately completes insurance entry in order to satisfy
- Customer Service: Follows Customer Service guidelines in
accordance with YNHH department protocol.
- 4.1 Ensures smooth functioning of all processes in order to
ensure a positive patient experience by acknowledging and receiving
patients, physicians and visitors to the department following the
YNHHS Standard of Professional Behaviors.
- Resource Management: Utilizes Health System and Department
resources to effectively support the patient experience.
- 5.1 Participates in designated committees, staff meetings,
workgroups, and attends all in-service to support team building and
- Supports Organizational and Departmental Goals
- 6.1 Performs all functions in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 7.1 Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve Patient
High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree
One (1) to two (2) years of work experience in a customer
service environment preferably in a hospital/physician office with
emphasis on registration, third party insurance verification and
financial clearance dealing with all aspects of medical insurance
and eligibility requirements preferred.
Self-directed, well organized and exhibiting excellent
interpersonal and team oriented skills with a strong ability to
interpret insurance benefits and apply to hospital services. Basic
computer skills and the ability to adapt to various
programs/systems. Capable of balancing appropriate level of
intervention and partnering with clinical staff to insure the
highest quality of patient care. Spanish speaking required for
positions in the PCC.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, New Haven , Pt Financial Access Fcltator, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!