Senior Illustration Business Analyst
Company: Knights of Columbus
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Senior Illustration Business Analyst provides internal and
consulting assistance and analytical support for the ongoing
development and deployment of the KofC illustration system
(Navigator). The SIBA partners with several business areas to
determine and document business requirements for the illustration
system and then translates the business needs into technical
specifications used by the system development vendor.
- Trains or provides appropriate training for more junior
Analysts; coaches, provide feedback, counsels, and motivates
- Gathers and documents user requirements for the illustration
system identifying issues, decisions, requirements, desired
results, and the changes and actions required to achieve
- Creates system specifications; documents all technical
specifications and marketing and illustration regulations.
Coordinates the appropriate reviews and obtains business and legal
approval of the specifications.
- Using the actuarial test systems, Excel and Word create report
models to support and enhance text-based requirements, identify and
validate requirements, and document and communicate requirements.
Coordinates the validation of model results with business
- Conducts Unit level testing for the developers and System and
Acceptance testing with and for the business. Tests specification
deliverables to validate whether the requirements have been met;
develops test scripts, test plans, and test scenarios based on the
as-is state as well as the to-be models to ensure that new
functionality is correct; conducts regression testing to uncover
any unexpected changes. Reviews, tracks, and reports on test
- Supports the development of training materials and provides
end-user support, including assisting with user manuals and
reference materials if needed. Assesses and evaluates all feedback
from team members to ensure that the requirements necessary to
correct any issues are addressed in future releases, iterations, or
versions of the product.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of individual life insurance and annuity
products, illustration compliance regulations, insurance taxation,
and product marketing concepts.
- Long-term care insurance and disability income insurance
knowledge a plus.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with other
- Knowledge of quality assurance approaches, challenges, and
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and
facilitate resolution of issues.
- Ability to identify critical success factors for effective and
timely project completion and ability to maintain focus on these
critical path items. Ability to track outstanding issues and
follow-up for a successful resolution.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong mathematical skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA or BS with an emphasis on computer science or business.
- 5+ years of the related insurance industry, accounting, and
finance experience or equivalent combination of training and
Keywords: Knights of Columbus, New Haven , Senior Illustration Business Analyst, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!