Community Health Worker
Company: Sun River Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sun River Health provides the highest quality of comprehensive
primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who
seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay,
especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Sun River Health is
a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities
in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia
and Westchester County. Sun River Health is currently seeking a
full-time Community Health Worker to join our team in
The Community Health Worker will conduct outreach and provide
supportive services for potential and current patients in the
The position requires strong interpersonal skills and the
ability to make connections and build relationships with community
members. The Community Health Worker will work collaboratively with
other members of the Outreach team and community-based agencies to
identify individuals in need of preventative and primary health
care services. The Community Health Worker will provide information
about the services and programs available at Sun River Health;
health insurance/ coverage options; and linkage to additional
health care services and resources as needed.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and participate in health fairs and other community
events to engage new patients in programs and services at Sun River
by providing free health screenings to link community members Sun
- Coordinate Outreach events at Sun River's Health Center based
on monthly health themes
- Administer Patient Activation Measure (PAM) surveys with
patients and provide referrals for Health Coaching as needed.
- Outreach to migrant and seasonal farm workers by visiting area
farms and farm camps to provide referrals to Sun River Health.
- Enroll eligible farm workers, their spouses/partners and
children in Sun River's migrant voucher program.
- Provide medical interpretation during patient appointments and
assist patients with completing medical forms as needed.
- Arrange for and/or provide medical transportation for eligible
high need patients with primary care or specialty care needs.
- In coordination with medical teams, reach out to patients who
are difficult to locate to encourage them to get back into care and
schedule appointments as needed.
- Provide referrals to additional community resources as
- Meets with community organizations on behalf of Sun River and
attends and arranges for community presentations
Qualified candidates must possess:
- High school diploma/ GED with one year of community outreach
- Prior experience working with diverse, medically underserved
- Must be bilingual (English/ Spanish)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong
interpersonal and organizational skills
- Valid NYS driver's license; must be able to regularly travel to
various locations, including Sun River Health service sites, in
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and
- Strong computer skills including Outlook and Microsoft
Keywords: Sun River Health, New Haven , Community Health Worker, Other , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!