Product Designer - Remote
Company: NorthStar Financial Services Group LLC
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Hey, have you heard Orion is growing and your skills may fit our
organization, even if you do not match this position 100%. We
welcome creativity, passion and growth minded individuals to move
the needle forward!
As part of a product-driven organization, you'll play a big part
in a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of
the product-from inception to post-launch reflection. You will
champion the design of delightful experiences that make it as
simple as possible for thousands of users to adopt, use, and
benefit from the Orion platform-helping us achieve our mission of
enabling fiduciary advisors operationalize their vision for
The Orion Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative
group of designers who love combining research, data insights, and
feedback into a user-centered design process. Aside from becoming a
member of the Product Design Team, you'll be a part of a Product
Squad, where you'll work alongside Product Managers, Product
Owners, and Developers to deliver solutions based on a specific
area of focus.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with
customers, to validate product directions.
- Have a deep understanding of typography, color, grid, and
composition in pixel-perfect production mocks and prototypes.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, Developers,
and other stakeholders to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Help lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and
multiple product launches.
- Perform research with users of the Orion platform, which can
include clients, staff, and more.
- Synthesize your research findings to develop user workflows,
information architecture, and prototypes.
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy of the Orion
Platform, thinking in terms of design systems, not just
- Work with the design team on developing and stewarding the
long-term UX strategy for our internal tools to make design a
natural part in the way we build products with the developer
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years relevant design experience, ideally at a high tech,
- Experienced designing digital apps and systems; you have helped
ship products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Comfortable determining the appropriate design medium-whether
that be a whiteboard drawing, a Figma design, or an HTML/CSS
- Experienced in an agile environment, working with engineers and
product managers to make great experiences as a team and quickly
- Dedicated to solving problems of all sizes, for all kinds of
users. You have experience validating your designs through user
- Focused on the impact of your work. You're experienced in
tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data
collected to verify its effectiveness.
- Aware of the importance of setting aside the time and space to
learn and grow.
- An interest in fin-tech or investment products is a plus.
Healthcare benefits start Day #1, Family Paternity, Tuition
Reimbursement plus fun Bonusly perks! Let's Talk!
Keywords: NorthStar Financial Services Group LLC, New Haven , Product Designer - Remote, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!